REDservation expiration?

i think if you have a reservation you have the price locked ( to a point)
and that point (guessing) if your camera is ready to be shipped to you and you do NOT have the $$ then i would think you would have X days/weeks to come up with it ?? if you don't then perhaps the locked 17.5 price might change after a certain amount of time ????
 
I expect it comes down to "Your camera is ready... send us $16,500 or we'll send you $1,000." There also may be a closing date where you become contractually obligated to put up the money or the $1,000 becomes theirs. I made all that up, so it's just speculation.
 
Given we don't actually know the delivery date in any precise manner, I would expect to be given some grace with payment. Or at least plenty of notice in the lead up to the camera being ready. It's a lot of money to come up with at the drop of a hat.

That said, I'm sure Red have thought about this and will be more than reasonable with their customers.
 
I think it would only be fair to give some time to take delivery once your number comes up. We haven't decided how much time yet.

Jim
 
Jannard said:
I think it would only be fair to give some time to take delivery once your number comes up. We haven't decided how much time yet.

Jim

Wow, the guy's really working with us here. Nice to know you can have integrity, care about your fellow man...er...poor filmmaker, and still be a multi-millionaire.
 
I think it would only be fair to give some time to take delivery once your number comes up. We haven't decided how much time yet.

Jim
As time marches on and the designs, specs, etc., get nailed down and the R1 becomes more apparrent. For those of us that are owner/operaters (small corps.) could there be a plan in place to completely pre-pay and "purchase" to take advantadge of tax benefits sooner as oppossed to later.

Oh, in case ya wanted to know, I see the R1 as the natural evolution of image aquisition. I have no worries that this will come to fruition. The people behind this project do not strike as the types to hoist themselves on their own petards. You don't go balls out on a project like this to "lose face".

Thanks-Benzo

ps- hey Emanuel, I am 37 also and come from the two headed world of cine and eng/efp. I live on the Guerilla border!:beer:
 
sean90291 said:
Wow, the guy's really working with us here. Nice to know you can have integrity, care about your fellow man...er...poor filmmaker, and still be a multi-millionaire.

Forbes said he was worth $1.5B. I guess that's the price of building a 4K camera like that. :grin:
 
firewallet said:
For those of us that are owner/operaters (small corps.) could there be a plan in place to completely pre-pay and "purchase" to take advantadge of tax benefits sooner as oppossed to later.

Last year I explored this with the HVX, as I had cash in hand in '05 for it, but no realistic expectation on delivery until well into '06. My CPA explained that just putting the money down in '05 wasn't enough, you have to get VALUE from it in that year to reap the tax benefit.

My advice is to explore this with your CPA in depth.

Regards,
 
Somewhere in the mid to high 700's I would guess...but could be higher by now. I just recently reserved my 2nd RED - #700
 
Thanks Jim, that is what I was afraid of... I will take your advice when I meet with her.
edit- if it falls within your fiscal year -- your good.
 
Last edited:
donatello, i reserved mine last week and got my # (679) on friday. i'm sure that there have probably been a few people even since then, so high 600"s closing in on 700.

EDIT--oops sorry didn't see that Steve had reserved another, #700....I guess they are probably well into the 700's now.
 
Last edited:
Now, it seems it is a common place to have more than one RED reservation -- I'm glad!

Cheers :beer: and Congrats for your second color, Steve!

EDIT -- Aside the redundancy, it is a "significant sign" IMHO.
 
Last edited:
Look at post #11, Gibby has got #700 as his RED B cam. Congrats Steve.
Akube has #707, congrats yo.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top