RED in Black

HC1%20FR%20WP25%206W%20x%20300dpi.jpg


http://www.gateshousings.com/HVX200.html

Has the design team spent a lot of time with underwater housings? I knew I'd seen this form-factor before. Definitely reminiscent of the HydroFlex family of housings. Lots of holes are groovy underwater (hydrodynamics and all that) anyway.

e
 
Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if Gates, and other housing makers, included a RED One housing in their housing line. In fact, I'd be surprised if most housing manufacturers didn't make a housing for RED One. I shoot in the water, but generally my housings have been custom-made aluminum housings for surface shooting of watersports, and near-surface shooting, down to about 30'. A RED One camera, with the 17-100mm lens, and a lightweight aluminum housing, will do me just fine!

Gibby
www.cut4.tv
 
The cage definately comes off. The cool thing is that the central camera module morphs into a camera system for the specific intended use as you bolt on the peripheral accessories. Depending on what you accessorize it with, and bolt onto it, it can be a camera for almost any genre of production there is.

Gibby
www.cut4.tv
 
jaques said:
a I would like it to be coated in a dense rubberised coating so that it would not scratch and would not reflect as much light or sound and would be insulated..

insulated cameras are bad.. unless you have some sort of liquid cooling.
 
I didn't really mean temperature. I was thinking more general environmental shock etc. I was thinking that when handling a camera I always feel like I am holding something precious that could mark or be stressed very easily. I don't think this is a good thing.

A surface finnish which is absorbent would solve this tactile problem for me.

I did not really consider the heat. How hot will this thing get. The heat could be sunk through the body somehow. How will it be cooled?

Thanks
 
I dont get it, where are all the buttons and stuff? I know its still new and all that but is it really gonna look like that? Looks very heavy!
 
camera body is 7lbs. Right now the camera controls are located on the back, that could, would and probally will change a little.
 
I see, wow just 7lbs for that thing, it just looks heavy i guess. Well im not gonna buy a new camera for a while and hope to get that one when its out.
 
skettalee said:
I see, wow just 7lbs for that thing, it just looks heavy i guess. Well im not gonna buy a new camera for a while and hope to get that one when its out.

yes its magnesium, so its pretty light.
 
Back
Top