lpcvideo1
Veteran
Glazarus said:What I'm concerned over is the workflow. . . . The details sounds nice but when doing a movie, having tapes or the film makes you able to batch footage if harddrives crashes. How do we store many hours of filmed footage until the movie is complete?
I hear you. However, this is essentially the question of an HD workfow in general, really--not unique to Red. Granted, 4k RAW is alot more pungent an issue than, say, DVCPro100, but is essentially the same issue. It will be solved in time. Until then, improvise and enjoy!
Glazarus said:When working with either film or video (tape), you can do ALOT of takes and keep them all. This is crusual for many movies and if this is going to be 4K onto a harddrive, it will be limited on set. Now how limited will it become? How much more must we pay if we want the workflow and full quality of 35mm, from shooting to editing?
I don't quite get this. Isn't it the exact opposite? Besides, you would only be limited to the size, quantity, and redundancy of the hard disks you are willing to employ.