Red batteries

caseyhayward

Active member
One interesting aspect of Red that no one has really talked about is the battery that will come with the Red One.

-will it be proprietary?

-will you need to purchase a charging device or, like film camera batteries, will it charge itself?

-will there be other battery mounts available to work with existing battery types (Anton Bauer, Sony V mount, etc.)?

I ask all this because adding a good stable of batteries to your kit could add a few thousand to the price of the Red.
 
Good question.

I think they should put in a built in converter and let us plug in 12-16v XLR battery belts that a lot of people already own.

I use two with my HVX and save my batteries for when I don't want to drag around the 15lb battery belt.
 
Somewhat on topic...
I hope that the RED camera will offer a 12V DC output! (To power a smal fill light, wireless mic, external LCD monitor etc).
IMHO this is really lacking in the current compact camera market. This feature is always available on the larger cameras (via the 12V "wireless" out or Powertap output).
Thought I'd mention this... as it relates to power.
Cheers,

Brian Broz
 
I agree with the power out, and power in of course. would like to see both of those.

Batteries though i cant see not being proprietary, they are inserted into the back of the camera and i havnt seen many cells like that, that arnt proprietary... the only real non-proprietary cells out there is the AB batteries, and those wont fit.
 
Back
Top