recomended mini DV tapes for the XL2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Re: recomended mini DV tapes for the XL2?

[quote author=Adam_ward_101 link=board=XL2;num=1100132721;start=0#0 date=11/10/04 at 16:25:06]any recomendations?[/quote]
Get a DVX.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. ;D
 
Re: recomended mini DV tapes for the XL2?


Was the " At Risk Youth Trailer " filmed on a DVX ?

Despite TC's apparent prejudice and inability to answer a simple question, the XL2 is pretty amazing. Though the Canon rep suggested Canon tapes ( surprise eh ? ) I've been using the Panasonic MQ's and the results have been pretty impressive. Don't think I'll be switching brands anytime soon.

Best of luck.

- Ray
 
Re: recomended mini DV tapes for the XL2?

Panasonic AY-DVM63MQ tapes are fine with the XL2. The Canon DVME-60 MiniDV tapes are $9.49 at B&H Photo compared with $6.99 for the MQs, and I'm sure EVS Online can provide you a better price then that. Plus the MQ variety is excellent quality. I don't think Canon even makes their own tape, just has another company label it for them??

I'm with TC though: should probably invest in a Panasonic AG-DVX100! ;D
 
Re: recomended mini DV tapes for the XL2?

not talking tape quality, the mqs are white which enjoy a whole new set of advantages.
 
Re: recomended mini DV tapes for the XL2?

Thanks for the advice.
 
Back
Top