Realm// Xlh1 Presets

Shane Realm

Well-known member
Preset01 is general setup.
Preset02 is designed to emulate an average film stock, best used with 24/25F
Preset03 is supposed to emulate kodak 5248 film stock, best used with 24/25F
Preset04 is for optimum lattitude similar to preset01
Preset05 should be like Kodak 5296 film stock, best used with 24/25F
Preset06 is factory default
Preset07 is for shooting in low light with 12db gain (uses NR1, low)

Refer to : http://www.ingenioustv.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=57&posts=1#M76

http://www.realmfilms.com/XLH1/PRESET01.CPF
http://www.realmfilms.com/XLH1/PRESET02.CPF
http://www.realmfilms.com/XLH1/PRESET03.CPF
http://www.realmfilms.com/XLH1/PRESET04.CPF
http://www.realmfilms.com/XLH1/PRESET05.CPF
http://www.realmfilms.com/XLH1/PRESET06.CPF
http://www.realmfilms.com/XLH1/PRESET07.CPF
 
Test Shots.

XLH1 20X HD. on 16x9 (SD) 24F

cp01
CP01-20X.jpg

cp02
CP02-20X.jpg

cp03
CP03-20X.jpg

cp04
CP04-20X.jpg

cp05
CP05-20X.jpg

cp06
CP06-20X.jpg

cp07
CP07-20X.jpg
 
Cp01

Gam:2
Kne:l
Blk:m
Ped:0
Set:-2
Shp:1
Hdf:m
Hdv:0
Cor:0
Nr1:0
Nr2:0
Cmx:1
Cgn:-1
Cph:0
Rgn:0
Ggn:0
Bgn:0
Rgm:0
Rbm:0
Grm:0
Gbm:0
Brm:0
Bgm:0
 
Cp02

Gam:2
Kne:l
Blk:m
Ped:0
Set:-3
Shp:-2
Hdf:m
Hdv:0
Cor:2
Nr1:0
Nr2:l
Cmx:2
Cgn:-1
Cph:0
Rgn:0
Ggn:0
Bgn:0
Rgm:-4
Rbm:-2
Grm:1
Gbm:-4
Brm:-1
Bgm:-1
 
Cp03

Gam:2
Kne:l
Blk:2
Ped:0
Set:-2
Shp:-2
Hdf:m
Hdv:0
Cor:3
Nr1:0
Nr2:0
Cmx:1
Cgn:0
Cph:0
Rgn:0
Ggn:0
Bgn:0
Rgm:-6
Rbm:-5
Grm:1
Gbm:-5
Brm:0
Bgm:-4
 
Cp04

Gam:2
Kne:l
Blk:m
Ped:0
Set:-1
Shp:1
Hdf:m
Hdv:0
Cor:0
Nr1:0
Nr2:l
Cmx:n
Cgn:-1
Cph:0
Rgn:0
Ggn:0
Bgn:0
Rgm:0
Rbm:0
Grm:0
Gbm:0
Brm:0
Bgm:0
 
Cp05

Gam:2
Kne:l
Blk:m
Ped:0
Set:1
Shp:-3
Hdf:m
Hdv:0
Cor:3
Nr1:0
Nr2:0
Cmx:n
Cgn:0
Cph:0
Rgn:0
Ggn:0
Bgn:0
Rgm:-5
Rbm:-4
Grm:1
Gbm:-5
Brm:1
Bgm:-5
 
Cp06

Gam:n
Kne:m
Blk:n
Ped:0
Set:0
Shp:0
Hdf:m
Hdv:0
Cor:0
Nr1:0
Nr2:0
Cmx:n
Cgn:0
Cph:0
Rgn:0
Ggn:0
Bgn:0
Rgm:0
Rbm:0
Grm:0
Gbm:0
Brm:0
Bgm:0
 
Cp07

Gam:n
Kne:m
Blk:s
Ped:0
Set:0
Shp:0
Hdf:m
Hdv:0
Cor:4
Nr1:l
Nr2:0
Cmx:n
Cgn:0
Cph:0
Rgn:0
Ggn:0
Bgn:0
Rgm:0
Rbm:0
Grm:0
Gbm:0
Brm:0
Bgm:0
 
Thanks Shane,
I will try more experimments:
I onlt use Gamma: Cine 2 under certain conditions - I dont like what it does to dark scenes
I rather Press the Black.
I also tend to like the Ped as a negative number and find that the Set can grey things a bit if used too much.
I haven't tried Coring as a positice number I will definately try (I tend to Like the Grain of a negative if there is to be any noise)
Also with a well lit scen Sometimes I will use the NR2 on Low.
Any idea what the HDF & HDV show?
What about Color MX: Cine1,2, or 0 can't see what it does really.

Thanks so much for your tests - keep it coming.

J
 
I just buy XL-H1 for my diy movie

I want to buy one more lens for the movie

which one will be good for me.......thx....Shane
 
Shane -
I have the 16x9 adapter - I love it, BUT...
There is extra lens abberation (Blue and Red stripes around darks near lights) some of this can be taken care of with the settings (I think offhand the Gamma Cine's increase it, but I need more tests)
Also, be prepared to loose focus around the edge of the frame.
That being said,
I really like the extra wide !!!
 
Benton said:
Shane -
I have the 16x9 adapter - I love it, BUT...
There is extra lens abberation (Blue and Red stripes around darks near lights) some of this can be taken care of with the settings (I think offhand the Gamma Cine's increase it, but I need more tests)
Also, be prepared to loose focus around the edge of the frame.
That being said,
I really like the extra wide !!!

Benton, thanks for the heads up.
Think you can run some still image tests with it?
 
Shane,
I have some footge I want to post, but my server space is almost full...AND my internet service is crippled right now - I am hijacking on a very slow wireless a neighbor has...
Will do my best though,
J
 
Back
Top