quick question

lilewis

Member
I'm thinking of buying a Canon HV20 but my pc has no firewire. I suppose I could buy a firewire card but everytime I mess with the guts I seem to end up with BSOD's. It's finally working great now with 2 gb ram but I hesitate to open it up again.

Circuitcity.com has the HV20 with a 10% off code for today only.

I see that the DV20 has a usb transfer option that seems to be for transferring still photos... is it usable for transferring video also?
 
No. You need a firewire port to transfer video properly. Hey, buy the HV20 and worry about editing later. If you have a HDTV, watch your videos you shoot via the HDMI or component out of the HV20, it is breathtaking!!
 
Last edited:
I used that code. Didn't realize that tapes aren't included so just ordered 2 Sony 2 pks for $17.82 each. They look like the same ones that CC wants $30 for.
 
You should be able to pick up a firewire card for cheap, and installation isn't a big deal. I did so a couple of years ago on a previous PC. No problems.
 
Back
Top