Post your final Horrorfest numbers...

As I am only an actor and not the director, I look at things a little differently:

1. total movie time: I was told 6 minutes
2. total cast: 3
3. total crew: 2 including director + a bunch of guys who stood around and watched/heckled/got in the way/distracted us.

4. total locations: 2
5. total money spent: I actually got paid to act, but the gas and dry cleaning bills ate up most of that.
6. total rehearsal time: come prepared, no rehearsal

7. total raw footage: Seems like the camera was hardly ever rolling.
8. total shooting time: 40 hours including stills for promo
9. total editing time (including effects): Thank goodness I didn't have to worry about this!

10. total soundtrack composing time: Wow, I didn't have to do this either
11. total screenplay writing time: Hmm, a lot more went into this than meets the eye.
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: WTF?

13. total time uploading: Doesn't that just take a few seconds with Cable DSL?
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: Man, I sure am glad I just had to show up and act. My 40 hour contribution seems like a drop in the bucket compared to what our director had to do. Are all you guys as nuts as he is? Do you have girlfriends, family, jobs?
 
BROWN WATERS

1. total movie time: 6 minutes
2. total cast: 3
3. total crew: 1

4. total locations: 1
5. total money spent: 0.00
6. total rehearsal time: One readthrough. Lots of Miller Light Beer redos.

7. total raw footage: 1.25 hours (1.25 DV Tapes)
8. total shooting time: 5 hours~
9. total editing time (including effects): 2 days. ~15 days fine tweaking

10. total soundtrack composing time: 3 hours. 1 hour for tweaks.
10b. total sound design time: 5-6 hours (including additional edits)

11. total screenplay writing time: The night before shooting
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: Too much time. Probably a good 2 hours of figuring a good setting.

13. total time uploading: Dunno. I left it on overnight
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: I'm still here and haven't left. Definitely too much time.
 
Here we go:



1. total movie time: 6:00:48
2. total cast: 7
3. total crew: 7 (the cast)

4. total locations: 3
5. total money spent: about $500
6. total rehearsal time: 0

7. total raw footage: 180 minutes
8. total shooting time: 25 hours
9. total editing time (including effects): 20 hours

10. total soundtrack composing time: 1 hour
11. total screenplay writing time: 2 hours
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: don't ask

13. total time uploading: 3 hours
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: barely any, please still watch my movie.


And I'll add one that I BET YOU'D NEVER GUESS

.5. total time it took me to make my banner: 26 seconds
 
1. total movie time: 5:59
2. total cast: 1
3. total crew: 1

4. total locations: 1
5. total money spent: $825 (50% costumes, 2% transportation, 2% food)
6. total rehearsal time: 2 hours

7. total raw footage: 49 minutes
8. total shooting time: 3.5 hours
9. total editing time (including effects): maybe 3days, lost track

10. total soundtrack composing time:
11. total screenplay writing time: 10 intermitten days
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: 3 hours

13. total time uploading: uploaded only h264 to different location
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: ~1 hour
 
Here's mine.
1. total movie time: 5:59
2. total cast: 5
3. total crew: 2

4. total locations: 1
5. total money spent: $400
6. total rehearsal time: 15min

7. total raw footage: 240 min
8. total shooting time: 36hours
9. total editing time (including sound): 30hours

10. total soundtrack composing time: 6hours
11. total screenplay writing time: 2hours
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: 4 hours

13. total time uploading: 2hours
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: 30 hours?
 
gwmesler said:
As I am only an actor and not the director, I look at things a little differently:

1. total movie time: I was told 6 minutes
2. total cast: 3
3. total crew: 2 including director + a bunch of guys who stood around and watched/heckled/got in the way/distracted us.

4. total locations: 2
5. total money spent: I actually got paid to act, but the gas and dry cleaning bills ate up most of that.
6. total rehearsal time: come prepared, no rehearsal

7. total raw footage: Seems like the camera was hardly ever rolling.
8. total shooting time: 40 hours including stills for promo
9. total editing time (including effects): Thank goodness I didn't have to worry about this!

10. total soundtrack composing time: Wow, I didn't have to do this either
11. total screenplay writing time: Hmm, a lot more went into this than meets the eye.
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: WTF?

13. total time uploading: Doesn't that just take a few seconds with Cable DSL?
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: Man, I sure am glad I just had to show up and act. My 40 hour contribution seems like a drop in the bucket compared to what our director had to do. Are all you guys as nuts as he is? Do you have girlfriends, family, jobs?
This is a funny post! If you didn't happen to catch it the first time through, I am re-printing it in its entirety. Very Funny!

Thanks man!
 
REKINDLED
1. total movie time: 5:57
2. total cast: 3
3. total crew: 3 regulars. 4 more that stopped by.
4. total locations: 2
5. total money spent: $1300
6. total rehearsal time: 0
7. total raw footage: 6 hours
8. total shooting time: 7 days
9. total editing time (including effects): 7

10. total soundtrack composing time: 2 days
11. total screenplay writing time: 5 weeks
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: 3 hours
13. total time uploading: not long
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: a lot
 
334 Lost Lake Drive

1. total movie time: 4 minutes (give or take)
2. total cast: 2
3. total crew: Just me, baby... just me.

4. total locations: My house.
5. total money spent: We used 1 tape, so that's 5 bucks, ordered pizza twice and had a crapload of booze. I don't know how much we spent, but most of it was on booze.
6. total rehearsal time: What is this rehearsal of which you speak?

7. total raw footage: Roughly 60 minutes
8. total shooting time: I didn't keep track, but it was done on three nights, most of it on one weekend.
9. total editing time (including effects): I have no idea.

10. total soundtrack composing time: Not much. You'll understand when you hear it. I wrote a more complex score, but liked it too much to burn it on a short. You'll hear it when I eventually make my slasher feature.
11. total screenplay writing time: Allison said she wrote it in about 45 minutes. I think she was watching TV at the time (most likely Star Trek), so that probably slowed her down a tad.
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: Maybe 30 minutes. It went really smoothly.

13. total time uploading: Sunday.
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: As always... a lot.
 
Mary Mercer

1. total movie time: 5:59
2. total cast: 4
3. total crew: 1

4. total locations: 2
5. total money spent: $130
$30 Pizza (for cast, crew and me)
$10 Root Beer, Coke, Water (for cast, crew and me)
$5 Chips and Dip (for cast and crew)$15 Case of Budweiser (salary for crew)
$40 Props
$30 QuickTime Pro

6. total rehearsal time: 25 minutes for a couple of read throughs

7. total raw footage: 120 minutes and 20 minutes of test footage
8. total shooting time: 4 hours
9. total editing time (including effects): At least 40 hours (CRAZY)

10. total soundtrack composing time: 1 minute (recorded piano through DVX onboard mic)
11. total screenplay writing time: 60 minutes
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: 6 hours

13. total time uploading: ? hours (still uploading now. This will be the 2nd time)
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: Time flies when I'm at dvxuser
 
Movie Title - "Put on a Happy Face"

Total Movie Time: 6min exactly

Total Cast: 6 - one unfortunate couple at a carnival and 4 Clowns.

Total Crew: 5-10 depending on day.

Total Locations: 3 (Carnival to start the film, Friends house with stairs in Huntington Beach, and My fathers Bedroom.)

Total Money Spent: costumes...$500, makeup/contacts... $300, food... $300, lighting rental...$240, tapes...$90.... making your first film, Priceless.

Total rehearsal time: 1-2 hours.

Total shooting time: Lost count. Let's just say that I used 5 hours of tape!!!

Total editing time: Cannot be determined. lost count from not sleeping.

Total soundtrack composing time: About 6 hours by Christopher Getman.

Total screenplay writing time: Almost a month total, not full time though.

Total time compressing and such: Days. It took me a while to figure that part out.

Total time uploading: I tried for about 5 hours, server was busy.

Total time spent on dvxuser.com during Horrorfest: Cannot be determined. (Over 20 hours, that's for sure!)

DVXuser.com is Awesome!

I am very excited to watch all the films!

Cire
 
Love Is The Most Deceptive Feeling

1. total movie time: about 2 mins...
2. total cast: 1
3. total crew: 3

4. total locations: 1 (appartment)
5. total money spent: $0
6. total rehearsal time: 0 hours

7. total raw footage: less than 40mins (yep, for 2mins)
8. total shooting time: hmmmm....in 3 days...lets say about 4-5 hours total...
9. total editing time (including effects,texts,credits): a'righty......hard guess...12-14hours

10. total soundtrack composing time: oh that's easy...20minutes
11. total screenplay writing time: 1 hour
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: 3-4 hours but it was easy, very short film

13. total time uploading: with 18kb/s do the math...I dont remember
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: something like 14 hours per day


The Door Between


1. total movie time: about 12 mins...
2. total cast: 3
3. total crew: 5

4. total locations: 2
5. total money spent: $10-$15
6. total rehearsal time: 30 minutes (without one actor) and about 2 hours to record voice overs

7. total raw footage: 120 minutes (2 full tapes)
8. total shooting time: oh....oh....oh....during a 3 month period we had 3 days of shooting...with about 4 hours each time....so....12 hours...
9. total editing time (including effects,texts,credits): mucho mucho editing...dont want to venture a guess

10. total soundtrack composing time: ok...I should ask my brother but I guess music must took about 8 hours total...but maybe less...
11. total screenplay writing time: uh-uh....lost count of that...it was re-written and re-shaped hundreds of times...
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: more than 14 hours...

13. total time uploading: with 18kb/s do the math...I dont remember
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: something like 14 hours per day
 
.
.
"RUNWAY"
______________a film by ralph oshiro
______________. . . where do you go when you have nowhere to run?
.

1. total running time: 00:05:10
2. total cast: —
3. total crew: 1

4. total locations: 4
5. total money spent: $1,450 ($750 paid to cast; $260 set pieces; $100 set dressing; $100 wardrobe; $150 food; $60 props; $40 miniDV tape).
6. total rehearsal time: 00:00:00

7. total raw footage: 180 minutes
8. total shooting time: 20 hours (three 6-hour days, plus 2 hours of stock footage acquisition)
9. total editing time (including effects): Unknown

10. total soundtrack composing time: 00:00:00
11. total screenplay writing time: 00:00:00
12. total time spent getting the correct m2v, ac3, and quicktime files: 4 hours

13. total time uploading: 2 hours (uploaded twice)
14. total time spent on DVXuser.com during Horrorfest: 200+ hours
.
.
 
Last edited:
$40 on 3/4 mini DV tapes? you need a new supplier :-)

But seriously, with a crew of 1 I'm really interested to see what you managed to do. Looking at this list has made me realise that most people submitting are working under extremely difficult conditions. I thought I was alone in the small crew stakes but you've totally outdone me :-).. I applaud anyone for making something with such small resources.
 
Back
Top