Pennyflix Productions Presents "Breaking Val"

Different strokes for different folks, Joops and Glide. I watched the film with a friend of mine and you know we both really liked it. People just have different preferences. Keep doing your thing.
 
Last edited:
Different strokes for different folks, Joops and Glide. I watched the film with a friend of mine and you know we both really liked it. People just have different preferences. Keep doing your thing.

Thank you Marlon for the kind words, and you're right, this certainly isn't for everyone!

Fortunately I don't put a second thought into senseless, "non-constructive", and certainly classless posts like the last couple on our thread. Obviously there is some ill feeling towards us for some reason, as it was was more of a personal attack then anything else...Oh well, there's always a few!

BTW, your film was in my top 3 voted! You keep up the good work!
 
I've got to agree with John on this one. But I was told the night we were watching it that the term was GORNO... This didn't do it for me, but neither did Hostel. I'm sure there is a market for it, I'm just not in that demographic.

I felt much the same way... just didn't feel the story was strong or deep enough to warrant the kind of violence in here... just my thoughts...

Glad you made the fest though! Hope you can be a part of the next one as well! :beer:
 
Hey Glideshot,

That slap to start it off was awesome. I was like "OH SNAP."

This was shot pretty well. I liked the series of shots of her with bruises on her face after she says "it's not like it hasn't happened before."

I like how you weren't afraid of grain. I like grain at certain times and this time it worked well.

Good actors too. Oh snap he slapped her again! Nice sound effect.

I like the story in that it didn't try to be anything it's not.

Some of the editing was very good, but some of the flashbacks were too long. I know you want to give the reason of why the husband is all flipping out but the flashback could have been trimmed down. Maybe didn't even need the shot of the necklace. We would get from the holding hands, kissing, her and him together that that is what is driving the husband/boyfriend crazy even though it sounded like he was crazy to start with. I think you could edit this up a little tighter.

The ending fell flat for me. I like how she broke out of the chair...though the sound effect was a little distracting because it sounded off, maybe look for another effect and try it out...and stab and bludgeoned him. But the choking him with the belt seemed to easy and not interesting. Some of this was the editing and some was the shot selection. Some CU's of the belt tight around his neck or his eyes bulging would be good. Also, maybe you could do the ending when she turns it around on the husband and ties him up and starts torturing him...or even crazier...like she starts kissing the husband like this is some ridiculously sick roleplaying that they get off on like they are some serial killer couple. That would be cool or rather coolER to me.

Overall, nicely done. Good acting with nice character arc for the girl from being helpless to dominate. I liked how she would talk tough to the guy and mess with his mind and then when he was gone you could see she was really freaking out. That's a well rounded char. Good job.

Laters,
Ando
 
Hey Ando - Thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts. I like some of those twisted ending ideas. The flashback with the neckless plays an important part storywise, since its the necklace that clues her into that he knows of her affair. This sets the whole last act in to motion. Some of the scenes had to be cut a little tight due to the time constraint. Our "Directors Cut" runs at 15 min and allows for the build up and breathing room that allows a more complete story to be told. Thanks again for the comments and suggestions.
 
Joops, watched the extended version and it was real cool. Much stronger and more powerful than the fest. version. Good job, guys. Looked like you worked really hard on this.

Oh, and I got your message and will PM you.
 
Back
Top