Panasonic AY-DVM63MQ in HV20

JWinter

Well-known member
Is it OK to use Panasonic AY-DVM63MQ in the HV20 for both HD and SD?


any difference between that and the tapes that are branded "HD"


Like: Sony High Definition Minidv Videocassette
 
Not only is it ok, but it is recommended. MQ/AMQ tapes (I would prefer AMQ) are the best tapes out there.

Makes no difference if they say "HD" in big letters. The Pany tapes support both SD and HD.
 
One caveat: if you've used Sony cassettes in the HV20 for a long time, I would run a Panasonic "dry" head cleaner first before switching over.
 
One caveat: if you've used Sony cassettes in the HV20 for a long time, I would run a Panasonic "dry" head cleaner first before switching over.

DONT RUN THE DRY HEAD CLEANER!!!

That is the stupidest advice I have seen in a LONG time!!! The dry cleaning tape is very abrasive. It will eat your head up. Either have the heads professionaly cleaned or search the forum here on instructions on how to clean the head.
 
DONT RUN THE DRY HEAD CLEANER!!!

That is the stupidest advice I have seen in a LONG time!!! The dry cleaning tape is very abrasive. It will eat your head up. Either have the heads professionaly cleaned or search the forum here on instructions on how to clean the head.

Run one all the time. No probs. :-)
 
Where does one buy the Panasonic AY-DVM63MQ online? I tried to find it on pricegrabber.com but only came up with 2 vendors.

I just purchased the HV20 today and had to get Sony's DVM63hd tapes, $23 for two. Thanks!


Rob
 
I buy the Panasonic AY-DVM63MQ tapes from a place called "The Recording Store" on Amazon.com. They are very reliable and ship quickly.
 
Back
Top