John LaBonney
Well-known member
__________________________________________________________
DAMION GRAU
__________________________________________________________
DANIELLE SHAW
__________________________________________________________
AND THE VOICE OF LAS VEGAS RADIO PERSONALITY JULIE COPELAND
__________________________________________________________
Uploading as I type.
First of all I'd like to say thanks to Damion and Danielle who worked very hard and did really well. They never complained, were very helpful, and I would recommend them to anybody.
We had a lot of fun shooting this film, although there were plenty of problems. No better way to get acquainted with the HVX than to get out there and use it on a real shoot. I found out that by getting out there on a set instead of just toying around with the camera in the backyard, the information in Barry's book and the manual make much more sense, although I still haven't worked out all the kinks. Of course that goes for the other tools I used such as Avid, After Effects, etc. etc., so all-in-all it was a great learning experience.
I didn't want to post an official thread until I was closer to completing the film just in case disaster occurred and I wasn't able to finish. Perhaps the best accomplishment is that I set out to make an entry, and I made it to the finish line!
Thanks to dvxuser for hosting these festivals, as they're a great opportunity to get out there and make a short film.
We had three shooting days, and I spent quite a bit of time in preproduction testing out the special effects.
Please be sure to check out another film I wrote for All Hallow's Fest: Buzz's Last Halloween made by Carleton Torpin.
Best of luck to everyone in the fest! :cheesy:
Last edited: