NXCAM Details...The countdown

Will the mods please change this forum to "F3 and other cameras as well"?


Because there are so many threads on the NXcam which shares the exact same sensor as the F3 that you can't find the information you are looking for right? Jeez.
 
Well, I'll be honest, I'm kind of disappointed. The only real new information we got was bad news :( no ND filters, and no SDI. I guess we should have expected that for this price point. i guess I'll hold on to the 0.1% chance the hdmi will be 10-bit, even though nothing else in the past has been.

"Sony have yet to confirm whether that will be an 8-bit signal like the Panasonic AF-100, or 10-bit like the F3." That statement threw me off a bit too. Nobody has confirmed that the f3's hdmi is 10-bit, in fact I remember a quote snippet of someone asking an engineer, and he said "I'm pretty sure it's 8-bit"
 
Meh. Seems like the crippleware that we were expecting. HDMI only, and perhaps even a proprietary flavor since it includes Timecode. Stock lens is a zoom, but rather slow, a proprietary mount, etc. I think it'll probably be a good AF100 fighter, but is exactly the same sort of market segment mindset of the AF100 (i.e., protect the segments above the camera).
 
What really boggles my mind is no ND-filters. For $6K I would've at least expected it in there? Well I either by it or I don't. (sigh)
 
I wanna hear about the levels of gain it can do and see a direct comparison gain for gain to the F3 before I decide. I like the form factor better than the F3.
 
The thing that is bugging me now is if it will be 8 bit or 10 bit. At this price point I can leave without hdsdi output, but if it is still 8 bit through the hdmi I will be very disapointed.
 
Back
Top