No more contests?

Re: No more contests?

will do.. Hey did you film any of that Fire Madness up there this summer?
 
Re: No more contests?

No actually I am sad to say I missed it by a couple of weeks.
Many people were screwed, and still are. I drove through some of the 'hoods and couldn't believe it. It looked like Bagdad.

The local TV station have put out a DVD and VHS and it's ummm...painful.
 
Re: No more contests?

IndieClub.com just started doing that -- they have a bunch of sponsors (like DVFilm, etc) and by being a member you get some sort of deals or discounts at the various sponsors.

But still Eric Colley was being drained by running the site, so he was forced to establish a special "Sponsor Membership" -- $24 per year, and you get a cool huge "Sponsor Member" avatar next to your name, and even bigger and better discounts at the sponsors. Lots of people signed up to be sponsor members. I imagine it'd be good for a couple hundred dollars of revenue for you...
 
Re: No more contests?

I've only been on this forum for like a few weeks (maybe one :-/), and I have to say that it is one of the best resources I've found thus far. I'd pay a membership if you needed to do that. Hell, I'm still going through all of the older posts picking up and absorbing information.

Thanks for the great resource! ;D

Robert
 
Re: No more contests?

Hey thanks and welcome Robert! I think we should be ok for now :)
 
Re: No more contests?

A DVX film fest is a genius idea... just my 2cents. Plus, you could sell the compilation dvd with all the entries on it (more dvxuser.com revenue) ;)
 
Re: No more contests?

love your logo Kai.. and that is a great idea... have some split revenue thing.
 
Re: No more contests?

Charging a small entry fee might help offset the costs of running the site, too.

Just be sure to have a category for commercials and spec commercials! ;D
 
Re: No more contests?

Thanks zoom.. :) With the vast reach of the internet, a dvd for sale could not only bring in revenue (score), but spread the dvx gospel to people who might not otherwise be able to see the incredible results this thing is capable of producing in the capable hands of dvxuser members.
 
Re: No more contests?

I also think this is a great idea. When people submit there films they should also fill out as much technical info as well as budget info regarding their film.
 
Re: No more contests?

Another option is to provide video hosting for a small fee and the option for contestants to host their videos themselves (and not pay the fee).

Or only the latter, if this looks too complicated.

Cheers
-- Andre
 
Re: No more contests?

for contestants to host their videos themselves (and not pay the fee).

Great idea Andre.

Come up with a simple common concept, deadline and duration.
See who on DVXUSER would be interested.

Guys?
 
Re: No more contests?

Have you contacted Panasonic yet to see if they would be willing to donate any AG-DVX100 accessories for your contests? Monthly seems a bit frequent, perhaps quarterly would be more appropriate.
 
Re: No more contests?

"Night of The living Trust" When lawyers meet blood thirsty sharks and call it even! 8)
 
Back
Top