No more contests?

Re: No more contests?

Sorry I got stuck with a ridiculous Bandwidth bill last month.. Hopefully Dec. we will start something new.
 
Re: No more contests?

You mean you pay for this site all by yourself? How much does it normally cost, and how much did you pay your last huge bill?

By the way! I appreciate all the work and effort you put in DVXuser.com. It is a big source of knowledge and inspiration. :)
 
Re: No more contests?

I second that. This forum is a great source of ifo and the members are all mellow. Except for that Stone dude. ;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;) :D;)

Dman, Jared, I hate to think you are paying mad duckets out of your pocket? :(:(

Gotta get some more advertising on here?
 
Re: No more contests?

lol.. this is funny ****. Yes I pay for it all, I thought it wouldnt be much but we are gettting over 1.5 million hits a month and that means bandwidth bandwidth bandwidth.. ITs not bad as it could be.. I was gonna let people host videos etc. and that woulda killed me.

We go through about 3 gigs of bandwidth a day, and that might not sound like alot but it ads up x30

But... its all worth it :) You guys are great, and I llike providing a place where people can help each other and say whatever the hell they want without being scared that some tight-assed moderator could ban them.
 
Re: No more contests?

It is beyond appreciated. Really. 1.5 Million hits a month? Uh, can I change my username to like Fred or something? I'm kidding. I will not be afraid. My name is John Hudson and you killed my father! Prepare to die.

Wait, wrong line. You see, that's the kind of post that a MOD might get all freaked out about - Like those other guys ;)

We gotta get some cash to you somehow. Like, EVS should hook you up since you refferred me...
 
Re: No more contests?

Do you get spiffs from the sponsors if we click through from this site? I just ordered a 10-pack of MQ's from EVS by clicking on the banner, hopefully the sponsors take care of you somehow!
 
Re: No more contests?

no i don't make a commission on the banner but Evs kicks ass and have helped me huge in the past so thanks for supporting them!

tons of places have asked for banner placement but i dont like to promote crap or sketchy companies, and hopefully it will stay like that for ever.
 
Re: No more contests?

Uh, can I change my username to like Fred or something?
There's only one way to answer this comment: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

;)

Seriously though, Zoom, thank you, thank you, thank you. And I mean it. If we can contribute in some way, let us know.

By the way, have you thought of a PayPal donation button? You never know what can come your way!
 
Re: No more contests?

Thanks Man for the kind words.. I will think about the donation button if It ever comes to it being to much $$ for me to front.
 
Re: No more contests?

Hey Zoom,
What about people pay through Paypal if they are posting a large video. That way the site sort of has a cinema/theatre section.
I would love to have this group slag my work...on second thought. ;D
 
Re: No more contests?

mm intertesting Idea.. pay per play. Probally good for features. etc.
 
Re: No more contests?

Maybe you could have an annual or bi-annual DVX short film contest? And we would pay (like all film fests) a small fee to enter our films and the winner gets, oh i dont know....

Anyway, I'd contibute.

BTW I didnt mean FRED in anyway, I just meant like bob or smith or, well you get the idea.
 
Re: No more contests?

yes indeed.. I have already been thinking of the film fest.. A DVX only filmfest. Seems like there are tons of projects out there.
 
Re: No more contests?

****, maybe there can be 3 or 4 a year? Make all of us get off our tails and make our own projects. There could be themes. And in paying you to host the work, we all have a venue in which to be showcased. Everybody wins. Except for the SONY and CANON crew!
 
Re: No more contests?

lol.. I dont think I have enough time to do it 3 or 4 times a year.. maybe 2x.
 
Back
Top