New RED camera body design

I have two pics from cinegear today...but its behind glass with damn wire mesh...

IMG_1069.jpg


IMG_1070.jpg


Red's cinegear tent:
IMG_1068.jpg
 
Thanks, The Sarlacc.

If those "ribs" aren't necessary for heat dissipation, a smooth surface would sure to be easier to keep clean.

Whoops, missed your 11:28 post before sending the above.
 
Greg Lowry said:
Thanks, The Sarlacc.

If those "ribs" aren't necessary for heat dissipation, a smooth surface would sure to be easier to keep clean.

They actually are pretty functional.

Look at any full size video camera in the market. They pretty much all have a ribbed design on the top.

Just get a nice camel hair brush, some cotton swabs, and canned air. All clean.
 
Yes, compared to many other cameras, there's minimal ... ribbing. I'm still surprised that the camera body is so small without being able to fry bacon on it.
 
Last edited:
Jarred Land said:
nice.. great pics man!

here is a more official image:

Thanks, great meeting you out there today.

I didn't to shoot the poster...probably wouldnt have turned out well anyway.
 
mico said:
Can anyone give approximate measurements of the body. thanks
I believe the Cooke lens mounted on the body is the 65mm which is 125 mm (4.9 inches) long and the front diameter is 110 mm. That gives you some idea of the dimensions of the body. Looks like somewhere between 250 mm and 300 mm (10-12 inches) long.
 
Last edited:
hell ya. its the easiest way to compress film.. just burn the hell out of it till it melts and goes away.
 
Heres a few pics I took.. The first two are the new poster and the last one is the newest RED gun.
 

Attachments

  • Poster1.jpg
    Poster1.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Poster2.jpg
    Poster2.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 0
  • red_gun.jpg
    red_gun.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 0
Love the NEW Design!!!



It seems more sophisticated, but fun. Also, is the change in ergonomics for shoulder mounting ?

Anyway, i'm glad I can say how much I like it. I was excited about the preview e-mail. :)


Cheers.



RED # wish I was higher
 
CVB said:
Heres a few pics I took.. The first two are the new poster and the last one is the newest RED gun.
That smoking pic looks awesome. :) Why isn't that stuff plastered all over their website? That should be the first thing they update as it's how much of the world is finding out about their camera.
 
here is some official artwork that pretty much kicks ass....
 

Attachments

  • dvxuserRED1.jpg
    dvxuserRED1.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 0
  • dvxuserRED2.jpg
    dvxuserRED2.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top