New miniRAID sturdy enough ?

D_and_G

Well-known member
Following some of the sentiments on the boards, I have a question for RED team. Will the miniRAIDS be sturdy (shock resistant) enough for work on :

1. Steadicam.
2. Handheld.
3. On RED rails (shoulder shooting).

Is it possible to transfer Flash footy to the miniRAID in between takes ?

Personally I follow film style workflows, so a lot of this is new - triple redundancies, flash magazines, triple verification and cloning, for example.


Thank You. Hope to see new designs before Santa delivers my edible panties :beer:


RED#'s smooth
 
That's a good question, and the ability to transfer from one to the other would indeed be useful - faster than realtime would be good to - should be possible since just a data transfer, right?
 
D_and_G said:
Following some of the sentiments on the boards, I have a question for RED team. Will the miniRAIDS be sturdy (shock resistant) enough for work on :

1. Steadicam.
2. Handheld.
3. On RED rails (shoulder shooting).

Is it possible to transfer Flash footy to the miniRAID in between takes ?

If it wasn't sturdy/shock resistant enough to be used on the red rails then it would undoubtedly be failing in one of it's major specifications, a steadicam by definition would be smoother than the shoulder mounted setup and therefore if you can say that it meets the requirements of use on the Red Rails the Steadicam will not be a problem. Handheld might be a different thing altogether but I'd hazard a guess that it would be capable.

I'm pretty sure there was some talk a while ago about offloading from the built in flash and in which case this would indeed be ideal for handheld should the raid not be capable enough. I can't believe Red would include the flash without this intention in mind.
 
Back
Top