New HVX200 shipments?

philarno

Member
Anyone know if Panasonic is making more shippments these days? I'm on a waiting list and the supplier still hasn't gotten any firm info from Panni beyond "some" will ship end of month..

Has Jan posted lately?
 
What city/state do you live in? I purchased one last week for the camp, from a local dealer here in Columbus, and I had to wait a couple of weeks. There are various places online, locally where you could probably pick one up.
 
Hi Phil,

There must br cameras available. We ordered one from a local dealer in Tampa for 5,999 (Encore Broadcast) and had the camera in our studio the next day. The same day, I was calling around for P2 cards and was told by EVS that they could ship me a camera that day for 5,559! I'd suggest calling around.

Good luck!

Randy
 
I was suprised, but they said they had one in stock and for 5559 they could ship out that day on my FedEx account number. Go figure...
 
ullanta said:
Maybe Rush took the list with him...

Naah, I gave the list to the office manager Todd before I left. He has all the stats. Anyone who wants their number can call him.
 
I think the point of this thread has been lost, though... for those of us faithfully waitung for pre-orders, the question is does anyone know the last time Panasonic actually shipped any cameras?
 
I picked mine up from them on Thursday, nice guys. CANT wait to make a short for class in a few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up on the 9 Camera's in stock, he said he sold 12 that day!

-Tom
 
ullanta said:
I think the point of this thread has been lost, though... for those of us faithfully waitung for pre-orders, the question is does anyone know the last time Panasonic actually shipped any cameras?

I see cams available virtually everyday from Panasonic dealers all around the country. Posts here at 2-pop, dvinfo.net and elsewhere

Barry mentioned several just last week.

Nothing against EVS -- we just bought a Mack Warranty from them, or Barb at AVS.

But if you want a cam this week, there are post about available units with p2 cards at the price or slightly more than EVS or Barb.

It's really whether you can make back the couple of hundred dollars by having one now, versus posting here, and hoping EVS or Barb get more

best wishes
 
I'm not doubting cams are available and that i could have one tomorrow. I'm wondering whether the available cams have been at the dealers for a while, or if Panny is shipping continuously, just not to the dealers holding pre-order deposits.

For some of us, there are compelling reasons to stick with an order payed last year rather than place a new one. Sure, at some point that compulsion will switch. It's this type of information that helps determine when the time to switch will be.
 
Yeah, the situation definitely SEEMS different than it was a few weeks ago... but it's hard to interpret the overall picture. The dealers we're sorta able to track (AVS, Spec-Comm, EVS, etc.) have been promised shipments that have been delayed for over two weeks now...

A lot of this is sheer curiosity about Panasonic's distribution policy and responsiveness to loyal customers. When there were indeed very few cameras, I could understand the need/desire to spread 'em around carefully. But we know that the director of the HVX200 program is VERY aware of this board, very aware that many people payed for their cameras over three months ago ordering from these three dealers, and still do not have the cameras while the cameras now seem more plentiful (and sometimes better priced). The "just aren't enough cameras" excuse seems to be losing ground against the "we really just don't care" explanation. So, if ALL shipments have been delayed now for a few weeks, it's sad but not terrible; if cameras are shipping to dealers without preorders while Panny delays orders promised to dealers with preorders, it's really nasty.

I understand there are many issues, and pre-orders are a transaction with the dealer, not Panasonic... but again, the very fact that we KNOW that Jan and others follow these discussions and certainly know of this situation makes the arguments sort of meaningless to me.
 
I think it is quite reasonable to switch the retail shop after waiting so long and paid the deposit alreay and CAN get cheaper price elsewhere immediately. It is fair to the end customer. After all it is the manufacturer can't deliver the product and the customer SUFFERS the result all day.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards
Leigh
 
Back
Top