New F3 Clips thread

Oh geez that clip should have never been made public. Ack, I was embarrassed for the shooter... Uncomfortable with the controls, felt like the operator had never shot with a shallow depth of field camera and was probably accustomed to ENG style operation, phase problems with the sound, a huge shine on the talent, singing was off, yadda, yadda.

You can give a Panavision Genesis to someone but it doesn't mean they are going to shoot amazing stuff.

I'm not cutting down the camera guy either. He/she was given a tool they are not familiar with and shot stuff that should have never gone up on YouTube.
 
Yikes! That looks baaadd... No doubt, GP how are some of these people getting this camera. Hey Sony I've got two eyes and two hands and can point it at stuff. Can I get one, to shoot my cat...

Please remove before a thread gets started on "hey this looks bad I don't want one now, 5D looks better...bla,bla:kali::kali:"clip"
 
I'd assume from this video that the camera has no white-balance controls.
I think this proves-out, one more time, that it's more about the Indian than the arrow
 
http://vimeo.com/18994959
Long video Presentation of the F3. Im still watching it says f3 will do 1080 60p. Im not sure how though !

Yes, it can do 1080 60p but you need to use the Dual-Link HD-SDI output (or 3G HD0HDI output) to an external recorder capable of recording it (nanoflash?); The camera can't record more than 1080 30p or 720 60p internally. Based on what Sony people have said so far, the portable solid state external recorder that they are developing (SR-R1) is going to be quite affordable (though we don't know the price yet). Unfortunately it is not as small as we were expecting.
 
Something is up with the motion with that bicyclist, yes, but based on time already spent with the camera, I can tell you it's something else besides the camera.

Inattention to frame rate conversion on behalf of poster, Youtube shenanigans, etc.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5la6uOumhM

Is it me or youtube recompression ..but it looks like something is happening to the byciclist when he enters the frame.

The F3 looks to have very good dynamic range. I think a lot of info is in the shadows as shown in this video. You can underexpose to preserve the highlights and then bring up the shadows in post. It also shows the superiority of capturing to an external recorder.

There is another video with low light test here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UzETcDx7go
 
I am working on 2 shoots for the Sony F3 for Sony to demonstrate how well the camera can handle in a proper shooting environment on set. They are not going to be like what you've seen so far, it will all be controlled cinema lighting, and the stories will be fully flushed out and scripted with some great actors...... Details to come shortly!

Anything ever become of this?
 
Back
Top