ND filters

Chris - when you say "these" - assume you bought the Feelwell's?

Yes, the Freewell set. Just over a year now. My first test of them was here, see below, and I saw no colour shifts to be concerned with after a couple of days of trial shooting. Still happy.

Chris Young

 
Last edited:
I'm curious as I'm seeing terms here that I've never seen before--"solid" ND's, "flat" ND's...are these in general use? I'm always fascinated when new terms infiltrate the industry and where they come from.

I’ve never heard “flat ND”, but I’ve heard(read) “solid” for what feels like decades, as used to differentiate between a uniform ND filter and a graduated ND filter. Although one could easily argue you only need to label or differentiate the grad(or reverse grad), as the uniform, or “solid”, is generally regarded as the standard. That being said, someone asking for a “solid ND” isn’t something I often hear. It’s usually just X-stop ND or .X ND.
 
Back
Top