Naked HV30 in Morocco

gerry_C

Member
Hi All,

Here's a short film I just completed that I shot last summer in the July morning heat of Marrakech Morocco, people watching in the early morning as the city wakes up. I shot throughout the morning with the Canon HV30 and my Nikon DSLR.

I uploaded to multiple places for those interested in a comparison of the flash transcodes from quicktime.

XR:
http://exposureroom.com/members/gerry_c.aspx/assets/f4fcc441fccf40129893df5f1f438f57/

Youtube/iPhone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv4zthWHz-g&feature=channel

Edited in FCP, Color graded with Apple Color. I exported to h264 from a custom compressor setting for Apple TV wtih multi-pass enabled.

The motion is best on the iphone but that misses a lot of details in the shot because of the smaller screen size.

Thanks for watching!
Gerry
 
Hey, looks pretty good. It might be better if you added a little authentic Moroccan music underneath? But by all means don't lose the ambient sounds.
 
Thanks for your feedback Andrew. Sometimes I find the music can be stronger than the images in these types of videos and I was going for a different approach on this one, for the audience to feel real time passing rather than soundtrack/montage time.

I think this approach was more successful in my Fes video & was wondering how people would react to the sound design with many whiny moped and traffic sounds.

Anyhow I'll probably do a sexier, shorter one with music and stills, slicker and faster paced, combining the best shots from all my videos plus stills. Still trying to find the right music...

Gerry
 
Sometimes I find the music can be stronger than the images in these types of videos and I was going for a different approach on this one, for the audience to feel real time passing rather than soundtrack/montage time.

I thought that you might be going for that kind of feel which is why it would be a shame to let the music overpower the ambient sounds, I agree. It certainly feels more real and down to earth without music.
 
Back
Top