My FS700/Odyssey7Q short film

I agree, that was very nicely done, and quality acting as well...The picture quality is definitely good, but I have to wonder how much better is looks in 4k, since Youtube just isn't the place to judge that kind of difference. I feel like my FS700 with the native HD codec looks pretty good on Youtube too :)
 
Thanks for the kind feedback appreciate it. Definately the 4K looks incredible to the YouTube version, I've also just had the audio complete so I'm nearly done. Im not sure if some of the visual effects were a bit too much or if it's fine, so any feedback and constructive criticism I'm open to so I can improve, thanks everyone
 
Story, plot, actors, all very, very nice!

Two things that I didn't like: not consistent grading (or lack of it, it was looking like rec709 in some shots. I'm not referring to those flashbacks, I know it was stylistic choice) - but let's say you could leave that as it is.
Second and really biggie: sound. It was not consistent and I had to volume up and volume down while watching it. It might be a matter of just evening everything out to make it constant (I hope nothing more severe!!).

Anyway, good job :)

Edit:
(I've just notice audio/levels explanation on yt description)
 
Last edited:
Story, plot, actors, all very, very nice!

Two things that I didn't like: not consistent grading (or lack of it, it was looking like rec709 in some shots. I'm not referring to those flashbacks, I know it was stylistic choice) - but let's say you could leave that as it is.
Second and really biggie: sound. It was not consistent and I had to volume up and volume down while watching it. It might be a matter of just evening everything out to make it constant (I hope nothing more severe!!).

Anyway, good job :)

thanks mate, all taken onboard. In regards to the sound it's having a professional mix and cleaning which this version hadn't had yet and listening to what he has done it is much better and I'll post that update when complete. With the grading I'll take a closer look at that. If possible could you give me an example of shots (the time they occur) so I can work on it, thanks mate
 
Well done. The imagery looks great but the sound design is extremely overbearing. Honestly makes it hard to watch for me. Glad to hear you're getting that taken care of.
 
Well done. The imagery looks great but the sound design is extremely overbearing. Honestly makes it hard to watch for me. Glad to hear you're getting that taken care of.

Thanks, it's definately scaled right back, I don't do anything with music and I just put that on to give my audio person a guide, and he suggested for me to throw everything at it and then he will peel it back.
 
Back
Top