1DC: My Canon 1DC has two Red Pixels!

ultramaze

I have noticed that my 1DC has two hot pixels. I have tried solving it by "cleaning the sensor" thing. It didn't work. Do I need to get the camera serviced? I know this is a common issue.

I took my 1DC into Canon Canada for service - can't remember if there was a fee (if there was it was pretty small) - they did a good job fixing things though....

Other cameras have a bit of a fix by doing a black balance. Can you black balance a 1DC and if so will it make a difference?

Other cameras have a bit of a fix by doing a black balance. Can you black balance a 1DC and if so will it make a difference?

You can't do a black balance on the 1DC. It has been discussed on dvxuser before and it is one of the biggest problems with the camera for picture critical work. Sending it into Canon can sometimes help. The problem gets worse as the camera heats up. The most straightforward solution is to mask those dead pixels in post.

Most times you get the "red pixel of death" its a very microscopic positively charged piece of dust sticking to the sensor. Try doing a wet clean of the sensor and see if it helps.

Back