G
Guest
Guest
I'm in this boat of deciding between buying an xl2 and a dvx-100a. Will be shooting a full-length feature that is very cinematic and therefore very in need of a 'film-like' look.
My question is this. I was going to buy either the dvx-100 w/ mini-35 adapter or the xl2 WITH the mini-35 adapter and then rent/buy a set of lenses. But then I hear that you can just buy that canon lens adapter for the xl2 and that allows you to add 35mm lenses to the camera straight up. So my question is, if both these options allow you to add 35mm lenses, why would I pay to buy the extremely expensive mini 35? I guess my more specific question is: Is the depth of field difference between an xl2 rigged with a mini 35 and a canon with its own 35mm lens adapter substantial enough to warrant paying that extra $$? Thanks much.
chris.
p.s. Someone once told me that you could get a wide-angle lens for the dvx100. But I thought it didn't have interchangeable lenses. Was this conversation a figment of my imagination?
p.p.s. I'm not that knowledgeable about this world, so speak slowly.
My question is this. I was going to buy either the dvx-100 w/ mini-35 adapter or the xl2 WITH the mini-35 adapter and then rent/buy a set of lenses. But then I hear that you can just buy that canon lens adapter for the xl2 and that allows you to add 35mm lenses to the camera straight up. So my question is, if both these options allow you to add 35mm lenses, why would I pay to buy the extremely expensive mini 35? I guess my more specific question is: Is the depth of field difference between an xl2 rigged with a mini 35 and a canon with its own 35mm lens adapter substantial enough to warrant paying that extra $$? Thanks much.
chris.
p.s. Someone once told me that you could get a wide-angle lens for the dvx100. But I thought it didn't have interchangeable lenses. Was this conversation a figment of my imagination?
p.p.s. I'm not that knowledgeable about this world, so speak slowly.