Michael_Petro Presents "Briefcase"

arielman said:
Hi Michael

Really enjoyed your horror short .
Looking forward to this one .
Ian

Thanks dude....

draco is in my movie collection.. still looking for the hirez version though... i know its around here somewhere º¿º :beer:
 
What's in that briefcase! I want to know!

blowmfho.jpg


nice grab with the motion blur and all - doing a fast dolly back here? in any case ... I like the grab!

I can also guess what the meaning of the acronym you used to name the file, lol
"blowmfho.jpg" heheh, :beer:
 
The briefcase is open in the movie but is it the real briefcase? (i'm a bastard just so you know)


as for the pic of carli.. its in the movie but to appreciate the that picture you have to see the BTS footage which i will put up a little after the movies get released.
Keystoned said:
What's in that briefcase! I want to know!

nice grab with the motion blur and all - doing a fast dolly back here? in any case ... I like the grab!
:

Keystoned said:
I can also guess what the meaning of the acronym you used to name the file, lol
"blowmfho.jpg" heheh, :beer:
i'm sooooo original :)
 
first entry i watched. gotta say the overal feel of the camerawork and shots chosen felt amateurish. But on a brighter side this film did have all a spyfest movie needs. action, planes, femele on female love scenes :D

good job on making this you guys must have had some fun doin it.
 
I didn't think it was that amateurish, I did think that some of the acting was a little off though. Overall, pretty good though. Loved the music at the ending as well.

Mike
 
Thanks for making mr number 1.. and wow of all the things I expected to here about the movie the shots where not them.. Come on man the hanger door shot was cool :beer:

Seriously thats for watching and commenting...

wesley said:
first entry i watched. gotta say the overal feel of the camerawork and shots chosen felt amateurish. But on a brighter side this film did have all a spyfest movie needs. action, planes, femele on female love scenes :D

good job on making this you guys must have had some fun doin it.
 
Kyser said:
I didn't think it was that amateurish, I did think that some of the acting was a little off though. Overall, pretty good though. Loved the music at the ending as well.

Mike

thanks for checking it out... and liking it. :beer:
 
MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A FINE FILM!!!!!!!!

I am so impressed with your growth! You had so many nice filmmaking elements in Betrayal but with some flaws. You fixed those flaws here, my man! Nicely done!

Gotta love your "trademark..." :) I guess I'll always be a fan of your films!!!

I will be watching this a few times. Great job! Congrats to you.

-Ted

Oh! WTF???? How did you get access to an airplane???? Very impressive when that came up on the screen! Nicely done. Do you have any bts from that set-up? I mean, the two actresses in the back, you in front of them... who was flying? What kind of aircraft? A 4 seater? Certainly couldn't have been much bigger than that!

Great job, Michael!
 
Last edited:
Thanks Ted, wow dude, appreciate the compliment.....

The plane was provided by Niel Bird a professional stunt pilot. Did it pro bono he did.. the only shot i did not shoot was the inside the cockpit shot that was done by Lucidz(ben Mccalister) I was on the runway with the Jax port authority... I might add the shot of the plane fly by was my third attempt... that was the hardest thing I ever tried to shoot. stunt Planes are friggin fast..


Theodore J Arabian said:
MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A FINE FILM!!!!!!!!

I am so impressed with your growth! You had so many nice filmmaking elements in Betrayal but with some flaws. You fixed those flaws here, my man! Nicely done!

Gotta love your "trademark..." :) I guess I'll always be a fan of your films!!!

I will be watching this a few times. Great job! Congrats to you.

-Ted

Oh! WTF???? How did you get access to an airplane???? Very impressive when that came up on the screen! Nicely done. Do you have any bts from that set-up? I mean, the two actresses in the back, you in front of them... who was flying? What kind of aircraft? A 4 seater? Certainly couldn't have been much bigger than that!

Great job, Michael!
 
Next time I am down in FLA I am stopping by and partying with you my friend. I'll bring the scotch. I liked the film, it was entertaining. I liked that you went for something sexy. The hangar shot was money. the techno part of the soundtrack was cool. Congrats.

Jim
 
I enjoyed the cinemetography and the sort of bizarre "who is killing who and who is really dead" feel of the film. I felt the girl on girl thing was a little forced. When she takes her by the hand back to the bedroom is great, but the scene in the bedroom was a little awkward. Overall I loved the concept of the film but the acting was not strong enough to overcome the natural campiness that comes with a spy film. I can't wait to see your next project though.
 
This film seemed very tongue-in-cheek, which is what i'm assuming you were going for.

The hanger shot was cool, but overall the film felt pretty senseless to me.
I didn't really understand the story at all, it just seemed to be more about being throwing together over-the-top elements (planes, girl on girl, guns, etc.) and trying to convince the viewer that they were all meaningful and connected. But I guess I just didn't really find it that convincing.

It did feel kinda rushed and that pieces were missing, so I don't know if you had to edit it down a lot.

If you were going for the whole whimsical B-movie thing, then I think you succeeded.

A pretty ambitious project though, with the planes and all.

Kudos!
 
Back
Top