May/June DVXFest Discussion

i'm going to participate.
this is going to be my first or second short!

very exciting...
 
I say keep it at 5min for the extra challenge. Come on, we're competing for a $400+ prize! Put some extra effort into it if you really want to win.
 
As of now I'm in, but I won't really be able to give it serious thought until exams are over. Another week or so though and I'm game. Well, off to take a history exam. Woop-de-doo.
Peace,

-Harry
 
I had my last final of the semester yesterday. Best of luck to you! :beer:
 
TC/ Barry, I love you...(in a manly way)...but I hate you...It's a tough cookie. Interesting and funny.
It has to be 6mins, page a min is the norm and I think it might suffer at 5.

Do I enter or save myself for the zombie fest???
I do have that Mic, not the ties though...ummm

Thanks for putting the time in, you have done us proud once again.
 
That's why the dream sequence is bonus points. Don't nix the dream sequence, that's the best scene!

I think it can be done in 5 mins. But I think we need an official decision here Team TC/Barry...you guys run the contest, what's the verdict?
 
1 page = 1 minute is not carved in stone, and it really only applies to scripts which have enough pages so it averages out to 1:1.

Dialog with little self-contained action goes by really quickly...

Dan
 
Ok, I think it's generous, but I'll make it 6 minutes even--don't even think about running over if you want to be in the mix. This'll allow a little extra time if you want to add an extra scene or two for continuity's sake. I highly recommend shooting the dream sequence if you want a shot at the Sennheiser goodies because I'm guessing it's going to be a riot to see 6 plus different versions. For your own benefit though--keep things tight, you don't have to use the whole 6 minutes.
 
I'm going to give this a try although the scipt is not what I'd prefer. You did say we can put the scenes in any order and add dialog as well correct?
 
Absolutely. As long as you use all of the dialogue, you're free to rearrange or even cut between or flashback during scenes.


Bigmagic said:
I'm going to give this a try although the scipt is not what I'd prefer. You did say we can put the scenes in any order and add dialog as well correct?
 
Barry and TC,

I have some suggestions...





Just kidding - great script! Now, since Overland isn't awarding a prize on this one, can I make an entry? If not, I understand - but, if you deny me the priveledge, you'll only be contributing further to my lackluster contest record! It's all on you...

e
 
You're absolutely free to enter. Since the competition is judged by the whole board, anyone is free to enter.

Matt--I don't remember saying I was going to open up *this* one to all cams, but maybe it's time to have a special category for non-DVX films. No prizes this time around, but yes, I'll accept non-DVX entries for the festival.


overlandfilms said:
Barry and TC,

Now, since Overland isn't awarding a prize on this one, can I make an entry? If not, I understand - but, if you deny me the priveledge, you'll only be contributing further to my lackluster contest record! It's all on you...

e
 
Sigh; I have to wrap my head around this script. I know the general jist is to have it be ambiguous in nature. But...

Damn; this makes no sense whatsoever. Challenging this will be.
 
John--the script is ambiguous, so each filmmaker can add something and make it different. The intent is not that the final films be ambiguous, but that everyone have the lattitude to do their own thing. Think of it as a bit of a filmic Mad Lib.

John_Hudson said:
Sigh; I have to wrap my head around this script. I know the general jist is to have it be ambiguous in nature. But...

Damn; this makes no sense whatsoever. Challenging this will be.
 
John, I agree completely. I got so excited that I could submit something and then I read it....

Yes, Yoda, challenging this will be indeed...
 
John,

No where in the script did I see anything about the characters having to be alive. Run with it baby!

e
 
Back
Top