Loveliest of All

The new grabs look awesome!!

Can I ask you something, how big was your export from Pro before you shrunk it down. Or did you shrink it after exporting it with QT Pro?

I replied to your PM but forgot to ask.

Thanks,

Mike
 
Ohhh, good idea! We need to get the Himester back over here. I wish the last one I had him in was a better flick though:furious3:.
 
I really liked the concept but I think this story deserved to be bigger then micro fiction (is that the correct term?).It felt to tightly squeezed.
 
Thank you - for the compliments AND the honesty. Although it is hard to take creative criticism - like it or not - it makes us better at what we do (if we're the right kind of people). Any feedback I get, good or not so good, will only serve to fuel me for the next project. And that is a very positive thing!
 
Spoiler

I liked the zombie take on the fairytale although a bit out of left field. The Queen was very good and I liked the stuff with her. The male actors were a little stiff which was a bit distracting. Overall I liked it. Good job.
 
This one is a lot different from the others. Not too many people would decide to make a dark fairytale. I like the vampire twist. The actress was beautiful.

Good job.
 
Nice twist at the end, completely atypical of a fairy tale. "And then they all lived (or not) unhappily ever after." Visually, I liked the scenes at the mirror the most--also, nice timing and shot selection on the ax ambush. The exteriors kind of threw me though because the highlights were really a bit too hot--could have used an ND filter to get those skin tones looking right. That aside, good work. Looking forward to what you do for next fest!
 
I thought you had some really good shots in here. It really took me back to "Snow White," for a second, and then all hell broke loose. LOL. Keep up the good work.
 
J.R.,

To help out a newbie, would you mind elaborating on your critique? In a PM to Lauralou maybe? Thanks!

A.L.
 
This was an interesting take on a classic story. I also was surprised this was the only vampire short in the festival. That being said, the costumes, and sets looked authentic... good work there. The acting was pretty weak I felt, and the sound wasn't too good. It also seemed like the film was washed out throughout. Maybe a compression issue? Anyways, good effort, keep shooting! Is this your first short?
 
Thanks for the feedback :) My first short on dvxuser, yes. Not my first short ever, though. The washed out look was definetely due to the compression, my original is way more vibrant. I don't have access to any fancy compression software, unfortunately. I'm really suprised to hear about the sound, however...on all the systems I've tested it on, even the compressed version, it has sounded really good.
 
Good effort.

Be careful of crossing the line though, it is distracting. At 9 sec. you cut from the princess to the huntsman, both looking screen left. He shoulda been lookin screen right if they are looking at each other. Also, I would suggest moving the camera more. A locked off camera is not very dynamic. There are lots of plans online for cheap diy rigs such as steadicams, cranes, dollies... Instant production value. Worth a look.

Interesting you chose a fairy tale. In some ways I think of mine as a modern version of Hansel and Gretel. A crazy old hermit who murders children then eats them. A great bedtime story for little kids. :grin:

BTW Fairy Tales would be a great theme for a future dvxfest. Public domain. They could be set in the past, present or future, in any genre.

Look forward to your next film.
 
Back
Top