LOOK AT ME - Sprocketboy

Sprocketboy

Well-known member
LOOK%20Poster%20dvx.jpg
 
Last edited:
LOOK%20Cast%20dvx.jpg


CREW

SCREENPLAY by
Blaine Langberg and Todd Walkow

PRODUCED by
Alex Lugones, Blaine Langberg and Todd Walkow

DIRECTED by
Alex Lugones

DIRECTOR of PHOTOGRAPHY
Rachael Levine

GAFFER / ELECTRICIAN
Robert Ansbro

SOUND MIXER and BOOM OPERATOR
Michael Larini

SOUND DESIGN / MUSIC SCORE by
Kevin McSweeney

EDITING by
Alex Lugones

KEY GRIP
Seth Crosby

ASSISTANT DIRECTOR / MAKEUP
Joseph Laudati

ASSISTANT CAMERA
Kay Hung


PRODUCTION DIARY

March 7, 2009 - Upload finalized version to DVXUser
March 4, 2009
- Upload to DVXUser for approval
Feb 26, 2009
- Completed Soundtrack
Feb 24, 2009 - Locked Picture and Track
Feb 22, 2009 - First Rough Cut with running time of approx. 8 mins.
Feb 21, 2009 - Signed on Music Composer to do score and sound design
Feb 18, 2009 - Logged footage
Feb 15, 2009 - 2nd Day of Production on-location at Orthodontist Office
Feb 14, 2009 - 1st Day of Production on-location at Missy's House
Feb 11, 2009 - Rochelle Smith (Missy) has braces made for film
Feb 10, 2009 - Rehearsals in NYC, Began DVXUser Thread for "Look at Me"
Feb 6, 2009 - Signed on Sound Mixer and Boom Operator
Feb 5, 2009 - Cast selected from auditions
Feb 3, 2009 - Auditions for "Look at Me" in NYC
Jan 30, 2009 - Revisited Missy's House with Director of Photography
Jan 29, 2009 - Sonny Hong completes Poster Design for "Look at Me"
Jan 22, 2009 - Made selections for casting & scheduled appointments for auditions
Jan 21, 2009 - Scouted 2nd house and secured it for filming / Signed on Gaffer and Key Grip
Jan 15, 2009 - Posted a casting call for "Look at Me"
Jan 9, 2009 - Scouted 1st house to use in film
Jan 4, 2009 - Signed on Director of Photography and 1st Assistant Camera
Dec 23, 2008 - Meeting with Dir. of Film Comission to suggest possible locations.
Dec 21, 2008 - Todd Walkow suggests changing titled to "Look at Me"
Dec 18, 2008 - Received final script revisions after giving Director notes to writers
Dec 4, 2008 - Read a 9 page screenplay entitled, "The Retainer"
 
Last edited:
Production Stills from LOOK AT ME
 

Attachments

  • 01_Bedroom.jpg
    01_Bedroom.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 02_Kitchen.jpg
    02_Kitchen.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 04_OrthoClinicA.jpg
    04_OrthoClinicA.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
  • 05_Kitchen.jpg
    05_Kitchen.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 06_Bath.jpg
    06_Bath.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 0
  • 09_LRoom.jpg
    09_LRoom.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 10_Kitchen.jpg
    10_Kitchen.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 11_Bath.jpg
    11_Bath.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 12_BdrmA.jpg
    12_BdrmA.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 12_BdrmB.jpg
    12_BdrmB.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm also planning on shooting another short on Gonorrhea Day during the Summer.
 
Last edited:
I'm having a rehearsal in NEW YORK CITY on Tuesday Feb 10th for 2 hours. Its a good time to make line changes to suit the actors. Another benefit is getting the blocking down. Other than that I don't like to over rehearse actors. Keep it fresh. That's why we are having just one rehearsal. Afterward, I'm going to the corner diner to get a bite to eat.
 
Beautiful cast...and I want to live at that location! I'm looking forward to the film, best of luck.
 
AN ORTHODONTIC RETAINER?

haha! wonderful! bon chance!

edit: cast and set look fantastic!

I never wore a retainer in my life, but I was made aware that many people lose them like a pair glasses. Its high on the list of things most likely to lose.
 
Cool, locations look great as does the cast. Can't wait to see what comes out. Where in the city are you rehearsing?
 
Its off Broadway, around the corner from the Letterman Show. I rent a 11' x 15' room for $22 an hour. These damn films have to cost something.
 
I never wore a retainer in my life, but I was made aware that many people lose them like a pair glasses. Its high on the list of things most likely to lose.

...only whereas some people sometimes have an extra pair of glasses (e.g. in the car), a lost retainer is... a lost retainer. I have no idea how one can lose it though (it... fell off when you didn't notice? you "let it breathe some air" at the movies?), but that's possibly off-topic.

I certainly didn't expect that when suggesting LossFest to the admins, and I like your surprise!

:)
 
Enticing stills! I'm looking forward to see what you do with this.

:beer:

Unfortunately, I will not be blogging or pod casting like some of the members here. Its hard for me to find the time between my responsibilities at home and work. In any case, I will be using this forum to exclusively post photos of the production and post-production process on this film.

It will be interesting to see the before and after shots of the locations. In the current shots you are obviously seeing natural lighting. After my DP lights it and the color grading in post, it will look quite different.

I'm glad that my stills are enticing.:Drogar-Love(DBG):
 
Last edited:
Networking. The writer-producer on this short hooked up with the director of the film commission at a party. He mentioned our little film and set up an appointment to meet formally. We both met with her, and told her about the location we required to tell our story. She gave us two suggestions. We followed up with phone calls and made appointments to view the houses.

We picked this Italian inspired ultra-modern house. It fits the persona of the main character, Missy. You can find a variety of homes like this in Malibu or Miami.

How much are we paying to shoot in this house? Zero. I made that clear from the beginning. This owner appreciates the arts and wants to help out in any way possible. I enjoy making films with a big production value look for zero dollars.

Networking is the key.
 
Back
Top