stuckfootage
Well-known member
Hi Folks,
I often use my HVX200 to capture video live to my hard disk via FCP or Jitter.
It's a great way to avoid using tape or if you don't have enough P2 memory.
Now I'm beginning a project where I would like to use a still camera
(like one of the Lumix series) to capture HD background stills.
Obviously, I could shoot the picture to the camera's memory,
then import the image to the computer via iPhoto.
However, I would like to be able to see the image on my computer
while I'm adjusting the framing and zoom, then click on
something like "capture now" or the equivalent in Jitter and grab
that image directly to a disk file.
My question: do any of you know if it's possible to do a live capture
from a still camera?
Thanks for any info you might be able to share on this topic.
Les
I often use my HVX200 to capture video live to my hard disk via FCP or Jitter.
It's a great way to avoid using tape or if you don't have enough P2 memory.
Now I'm beginning a project where I would like to use a still camera
(like one of the Lumix series) to capture HD background stills.
Obviously, I could shoot the picture to the camera's memory,
then import the image to the computer via iPhoto.
However, I would like to be able to see the image on my computer
while I'm adjusting the framing and zoom, then click on
something like "capture now" or the equivalent in Jitter and grab
that image directly to a disk file.
My question: do any of you know if it's possible to do a live capture
from a still camera?
Thanks for any info you might be able to share on this topic.
Les