Later shipping date for the F3

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.P.
  • Start date Start date
G

G.P.

Guest
So, curious as to why I haven't gotten a call from BandPro yet about my pre-ordered F3, I decided to call and ask for an update...

I contacted my rep and found out that they are now talking about arrival of "mid February". That hurts a little considering I had a production that would have loved to used it, since I was quoted February 1st when I posted the pre-order.

So it looks like Sony is working out kinks... bummer but worth the wait.
 
"subject to change...count on it."

Now man up!

Thats where I say

"Why don't YOU manup and sell it for what you said you would" 3k for 3k bi-otchhhh. :) I guess we see who the nonman is after all. hehehehe

Ok, before you Red fanbys have a corinary. "IM ONLY KIDDING" well kind of. :):)
 
I know BandPro told you Feb 5, but when I spoke with B&H they said there was no commitment to anything other than sometime in Feb. FWIW.
 
Guys - the thread is about the Sony F3.
Not Red.

There is no comparison - and no need to bring the RED bashing in here.
Thanks.
 
Hey, Red's empty/vague promises are a GREAT topic for here, since while we're all making $ with our F3's, Red will still be trying to pedal the propaganda that Scarlet is soon out. Their pitiful attempt at CES didn't get much attention. Everyone knows it's a lot like Kim Jong-il's rhetoric--just a bunch of bluster.

As for no comparison, we'll see when it arrives.

Just to be clear, I'm not bashing Red's gear, but rather their marketing, customer relations, and general elitist attitude--really no room for any of it. And the workflow, well--that's tomorrow's topic. ;-)
 
Now before this starts turning into something its not, Sony originally said to everyone "Feb.". Then Sony started saying "early feb". Then dates were being quoted to certain vendors that they would be shipping the cameras into them by the 1st. Hence why I was told I'd be getting my camera to my front door by the 5th (standard shipping).

This just means that Sony's original statement of feb still holds. This most likely only effected some of us who were quoted early dates and wishing/hoping it was true.
 
the mod's here are sensitive to red....lol..I can't really be shocked, the owner of this board is in business or works with red.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top