Jannard unveiling RED Monday, April 24, 2006!

Hmmm, 3.5" lcd... there's no such thing on the market today that even has 720p resolution with that size!
And with 2.39 AR you can count separate vertical pixels on that thing.
I'm not sure how benefical over 1080p resolutions will be if we can't focus accurately.
Maybe Jim has a custom made ultra-high-resolution lcd in his backpocket in addition to custom made cmos.
I'd strongly recommend at least 16:9 AR to lcd.
Btw, is red.com still down?
 
Last edited:
Wow. I thought this place would be exploding over the pricepoint announced for RED. In this thread only 2 comments so far. Amazing. I, for one, was quite surprised at the pricing. I thought it would be much higher. This certainly bodes well for all of us, as other companies will be forced to compete with this.
 
Yes, the price is a positive surprise!
Makes me work hard for the next two years to pay for the hvx and save for Red...
 
I thought he said 3.5 is too small, so maybe it will be bigger
anyway, add to this price the cost of lens, storage device, and an external HD screen and it's still very cheap for such a camera.

And hopefully by next year editing HD will be cheaper
 
Back
Top