Is it worth it?

Weird thing happened....Boss lady says I need to shoot another once weekly head and shoulders interview show with a politician and the second half of the show being community events, outdoor b roll of activities, etc.
She says what do you need to make this happen....I say I need 10 grand for equipment. She calls back 3 days later and says I can have it.

Now what to buy. Since I have mics and tripods and basically every thing I need, I was thinking just get a third FS100 and ACE tripod for good studio work (1 wide two shot, and 1 close up on each host.)

Suddenly the fs700 popped into my head. Probably overkill for me. I don't need 4K anything (1080s fine) picture IQ might be a little better??? The only thing I can think of that's something better than the FS100s I currently use is slo mo.
How much I would use that I don't know...

So....Since it's not my money......should I get a 700 or a 100? Can anyone tell me why it would be worth twice the cost (for me)
 
Well, the FS700 does have the built in ND filters. Slo-mo, of course. Maybe even the best however are the Cinegammas. A lot of people would say the color and highlight roll off are better on the FS700. I'm guessing it would become your A-Cam for sure.

Sounds like you know all about it and just aren't sure if it's worth the money. But it's not your money! :)

Maybe once you try that slo-mo you'd really like it.
 
Also depents on how soon you can replace the gear. When the demand on 4K grows (or better said,..is there) within 2-5 years (problebly tru internet and not TV) you already have 1 camera you don't have to replace.
The slowmo's always comes in handy. If you film 8 seconds you can fill up 1 minute :)
 
Sold my FS100 for an FS700 and never looked back. It's head and shoulders above the FS100 in picture quality.
 
Sold my FS100 for an FS700 and never looked back. It's head and shoulders above the FS100 in picture quality.
Did the same thing. Got my camera last Saturday and love it. It might not seem as a big upgrade for some people but in reality it is. I love ND filters, I love 3G HD SDI out, I love new hand grip and top handle, even small things like buttons on the side are much more comfortable for me, Cine Gammas etc a lot of improvements basically. And I forgot 240fps duh..
 
Go for the 700. I started on a hvx200 went through a series of cams with flakey 35mm adapters and ended up with dslr rig nightmare the last two years. It's such a relief to not HAVE to have a boat load of expensive junk getting in my way of making a shot. Built in NDs and the cinegamma are the main reasons to choose this cam, 240fps is icing in the cake.
 
Go for the 700. Built in NDs and the cinegamma are the main reasons to choose this cam, 240fps is icing in the cake.

That's really the only reasons I was thinking would matter. If it was my $ it wouldn't be worth it for me......but then it's not my money so I think the decisions been made.

I'm fairly sure but all the lens, batteries, and SDHC cards that I use on my 100s will work with the 700, correct?

Also, If anyone else is using both cams together, how does the footy match up?
 
Back
Top