Impressions from a AF100 presentation in Boston

While we'd all love to see that, the simple fact of the matter is that Panasonic Broadcast doesn't make lenses. They buy lenses from other companies; they outfit their ENG cameras with Fujinon and/or Canon lenses, and for the AF100 they're relying on the Panasonic Consumer company's Lumix lenses. So I'd love love love to see them develop some pro-style, fast/bright zooms, but I'm not gonna hold my breath because there's no precedent (or track record) for them to do such.

I know, but if RED makes a 17-50 for 6000 in small numbers, I can imagine profits for Panasonic and Olympus rehousing the Zuiko 14-35 with longer focus throw, and selling, maybe, in higher numbers than actual "nicher" lens that is.
Well, who better than you can talk with Jan about that, if not done already. I'm not sure Zeiss/Sony lenses dedicated to the nxcam will be truly on the pro-style, but maybe then we will have the precedent..
 
While we'd all love to see that, the simple fact of the matter is that Panasonic Broadcast doesn't make lenses. They buy lenses from other companies; they outfit their ENG cameras with Fujinon and/or Canon lenses, and for the AF100 they're relying on the Panasonic Consumer company's Lumix lenses. So I'd love love love to see them develop some pro-style, fast/bright zooms, but I'm not gonna hold my breath because there's no precedent (or track record) for them to do such.

"If you build it he will come." Field of Dreams
 
The base is rugged with both 3/8 and 1/4 threaded holes, the design team had to fight for this. This is great because this is one camera that will use rails matteboxes etc a lot of the time.

3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20!

I know I'm not the only Steadicam op to be very happy to read this. Thank you.


Whip-pans are just no fun when the camera doesn't come with you.

- Mikko
 
3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20!

I know I'm not the only Steadicam op to be very happy to read this. Thank you.


Whip-pans are just no fun when the camera doesn't come with you.

- Mikko
I lobbied hard for it, too. It just has to be there. So there's three holes -- the 1/4-20, the 3/8, and the tripod plate "positioning hole".
 
Back
Top