I think I will wait.

Zim

Veteran
I was so close to buying the DVX100a, but I just can't. For the $3,000 grand I will spend I only have to come up with a few $$$$ more for the HVX200. I'll just wait. I'm on Rush's waiting list. I really want to get HD and 16:9. I don't really have any jobs line up so why spend the cash now.
 
Ummmm............................... yeah. Can someone like toss this thread or something? Kind of no point really. =)
 
your a brave man I couldnt do it... its still a good 4 or 5 months away and it would kill me, but i guess if you dont shoot that much, you can just rent the DVX a few times when you need it and that should fill the urge.
 
I'm more in the....buy now while the rebate is going.....or wait for a DVX100B or the HVX200 camp. I really want to be able to use P2 cards. But I guess I could always use DVrack with the 100a. I just definitely DO NOT want to use tape.....ever again.

~reservoir~
 
Jarred Land said:
your a brave man I couldnt do it... its still a good 4 or 5 months away and it would kill me, but i guess if you dont shoot that much, you can just rent the DVX a few times when you need it and that should fill the urge.

That's what was pointed out to my. If your not going to shoot that much in the next few months just wait. I have some still photography that is going to take some time and if I got a new video camera all of that would come to a grinding halt.
 
zim, keep in mind that in order to shoot HD with the HVX you'll need at least one P2 card(4GB or larger required to shoot HD) or a firestore or a fast laptop to teather to it. since you likely wont want to drag a laptop around.. your probably looking at apx 5,000 on top of the DVX price to effectively use HD with the HVX. youll also likely have to speed up your edit station to really be able to work with HD effectively. ..perhaps that is not an issue for you though.. anyhow. the difference in actuall cost of starting up operation between the two cams is substantial. likely 3x or more the price of the DVX all said and done. anyhow its a good choice to wait if youll have the money and all and you wouldnt make more money owning a camera now, but i just wanted to be sure you didnt wait and then realize that the cost is alot more than just a few more $$$.
 
Those are good point to iamloser and if the cost is to high for HD I can use standard DV too. Really at this point I'm not going to try and start a full scale production company making TV commerical etc. I might try and make some money on the side but I really want to make a few doc ,, and a goal in my life is to make a movie. So if I can pull it off I think I should just move up to HD.
 
Zim said:
I was so close to buying the DVX100a, but I just can't. For the $3,000 grand I will spend I only have to come up with a few $$$$ more for the HVX200. I'll just wait. I'm on Rush's waiting list. I really want to get HD and 16:9. I don't really have any jobs line up so why spend the cash now.

from what ive read and seen around here... i highly doubt the hvx200 will be "just a few more $$$ more"... in the article on it here, it says its roughly $5999... [2x dvx100a price]. on b&h's site it even says $9999... those prices are without cards, etc i believe... not to say its not worth whatever the price is... im just responding to your 'come up with a few $$$ more' speculation.

if it were just a few $$$ more in reality, im sure many people would consider holding off and waiting...

not to mention when something first comes out, the price is inflated and the fine tuning and bugs have to be worked out... ie: dvx100 -> dvx100a...

just my .02 cents...

t :grin: :grin: :grin:
 
HVX without P2 cards is $5999.

HVX bundle with 2 8GB P2 cards is $9999.

I would also wait for the HVX. If you can scrounge up the $5999, get the HVX and shoot SD on MiniDV tape until you can afford the P2 or Firestore.

HVX in SD is like a DVX with native 16:9, and a whole bunch of other enhancements. Well worth the price over a DVX w/Anamorphic adapter.
 
I think waiting is a great idea. If you can wait, why not? Prices will fall, if you buy the new HVX200, but cant shoot in HD, you still can shoot 16:9 DVCPRO50.

Im just thinking, with the new HVX200 there is a new range of image quality, customization, framesettings and no 4:3. If I can shoot 16:9 DVCPRO50 24p with the HVX200 using DV tapes, I have no reson to buy the DVX100 at all.
 
jrv3034 said:
HVX in SD is like a DVX with native 16:9, and a whole bunch of other enhancements. Well worth the price over a DVX w/Anamorphic adapter.

I see this statement to hold logic. (aka: word!, true... true..., amen!, etc...)
 
This is the same situation I'm facing too. I now have enough money for a dvx but I've decided to hold off for the hvx. If I need to make a movie or something I'll rent a dvx so Im not missing out on the movie making :).

-Edalgo
 
Back
Top