I know your not asking but....

Gopher_Greene

Well-known member
How awesome an undertaking! If you guys get half way to where your planning it'll be 5x further then we are now!! So with everything and the kitchen sink as your goal, how could anyone ask for more? Well here I go in additon and you may well have thins in mind already but

In the data stream it would be cool to have complete metadat about the camera and if possible lens setting. The entire scene file, iris focal length etc.

Dual channel fiber for uncompressed video rocks, but that tethers me to a computer or some sort of raid array to capture all that info. I think fiber channel is upto 10Gbps now so that could be 20 Gbps in a dual fiber channel, since SCSI is only 640Mbps its going to take a raid set up to capture all that, which is fine until you need to go to steadicam, then you'll have to go to a compressed signal. It would be cool if you could find some sort of media that could keep up with an uncompressed data stream to record to on camera, even if it is only a few minutes worth of video at a time, I'd rather work with a time constraint then a compression constraint.

You guys rock, Hope every hurrdle is low!

Gopher
 
I'm now wondering if I should just forego the whole HVX thing and save for this one instead.

I'll check the prices first; I'm hoping for some info before next year, and hopefully some good news
 
LOL, dude seriously this camera won't be any less than 40,000. Forget about saving, this camera is for the big boys.
 
Mr. Blonde said:
LOL, dude seriously this camera won't be any less than 40,000. Forget about saving, this camera is for the big boys.

Well, you can't blame me for hoping, can you? It'd be nice to have a ridiculously nice camera for a budget price. I know it was quite a bit of sheltered hope, but it would have been fun while it lasted.

Either way, it won'y make much of a difference because in a couple of years, I'll be one of the "big boys." Then I'll have fun with the RED as much as I want. I'll look forward to that then, and an HVX now.

Thank you for knocking me back into reality pal. You've set my sights to a higher cause.:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top