I am about to have one capture cam in several rooms

TMY

Well-known member
I am this close to throwing my capture cam (Sony DCR-HC28) out the window.

Occasionally (read: only when it seems to be important) the camera will flash and throw up the moisture symbol, thus preventing me from using it. I know there is no moisture in it because I keep it in a dry area because it is a finicky little bastard. But the last couple days it has done it every time I turn it on. Is there any way to bypass this warning or just dry it out quickly? I've tried waiting an hour (as the camera says to do), dust off, AND swearing (I know, swearing didn't even work!) Help before I give the little a-hole a REASON not to work...
 
Last edited:
Warranty is out of the question as I got it from a pawn shop more than a year ago.
 
Warranty is out of the question as I got it from a pawn shop more than a year ago.

I'd like to see you duck tape a broomhandle to it and do the David Letterman thing. (throw it off a 7 story building) (broom handle, so it's like an arrow and the lens goes right into the ground)

Please post footage when done.
 
I'd like to see you duck tape a broomhandle to it and do the David Letterman thing. (throw it off a 7 story building) (broom handle, so it's like an arrow and the lens goes right into the ground)

Please post footage when done.


Tell you what, when I get a new capture cam, consider it done.


...Just turned it on and it seems to be working for now, mabey threatening it works. hmm...
 
Back
Top