I have read several threads about the wobbling problems inherent with CMOS technology and the HV20. Some people have returned these cameras yet others are having great success. I've heard people state that the key is to learn it's limitations and avoid them. But very little is posted on what to do beside locking exposure. Or does locking exposure resolve the problem?
Can everyone PLEASE post suggestions/techniques in this thread on what to do and what not to do? That will save many indie filmmakers from making the same mistakes.
For instance:
Can I use a crane with this camera with success?
Can I use a dolly with this camera?
Can I use a steadicam? (low budget types, that are most common to the indie)
Can I use a car mount?
Can I use it in a helicopter, if so how?
I noticed many people have sold their dvx100's for this camera. But, if wobbling is inherent in most of these types of uses perhaps the dvx100 or higher may be a better choice. My honest opinion is though resolution is important if the camera can't be used in low indie films with standard techniques then it may not be suitable for filmmakerS, only to be used as a B camera for special/unique shots.
Thanks!
-D
Can everyone PLEASE post suggestions/techniques in this thread on what to do and what not to do? That will save many indie filmmakers from making the same mistakes.
For instance:
Can I use a crane with this camera with success?
Can I use a dolly with this camera?
Can I use a steadicam? (low budget types, that are most common to the indie)
Can I use a car mount?
Can I use it in a helicopter, if so how?
I noticed many people have sold their dvx100's for this camera. But, if wobbling is inherent in most of these types of uses perhaps the dvx100 or higher may be a better choice. My honest opinion is though resolution is important if the camera can't be used in low indie films with standard techniques then it may not be suitable for filmmakerS, only to be used as a B camera for special/unique shots.
Thanks!
-D
Last edited: