Chance White
Well-known member
I will be shooting my next feature, THE NUMINOUS, on the HV20. I had some quick questions. Thank you in advance for all responses.
1. Is it possible to achieve nice shallow DOF shots WITHOUT a 35mm attachment and without having to jump through too many hoops? What about achieving rack focus, etc? These kinds of shots are key to my visual style and I am quite adept at them with a DVX or HVX, naturally I suppose...
2. What is the most affordable solution in the 35mm lens attachment arena?
3. I have a Nikon D70 with a very nice lens. I've read you can mod the HV20 to attach Nikon D70 lenses... what is the process for this and could this be an acceptable alternative to acquiring a 35mm attachment?
4. I already have a nice shotgun boom mic which I plan to use for sound recording... what attachment do I need for XLR? Is there a simple adapter or what?
I've read Barry's excellent cell phone trick guide and many other threads here and I haven't really found the answers to the above questions.
Also, for shooting a feature on the HV20, what kind of external hard drive would you recommend and how large? I was thinking 2TB.
All help is greatly appreciated!
1. Is it possible to achieve nice shallow DOF shots WITHOUT a 35mm attachment and without having to jump through too many hoops? What about achieving rack focus, etc? These kinds of shots are key to my visual style and I am quite adept at them with a DVX or HVX, naturally I suppose...
2. What is the most affordable solution in the 35mm lens attachment arena?
3. I have a Nikon D70 with a very nice lens. I've read you can mod the HV20 to attach Nikon D70 lenses... what is the process for this and could this be an acceptable alternative to acquiring a 35mm attachment?
4. I already have a nice shotgun boom mic which I plan to use for sound recording... what attachment do I need for XLR? Is there a simple adapter or what?
I've read Barry's excellent cell phone trick guide and many other threads here and I haven't really found the answers to the above questions.
Also, for shooting a feature on the HV20, what kind of external hard drive would you recommend and how large? I was thinking 2TB.
All help is greatly appreciated!