HV20 footage with adapter - lowlight?

handoverfist

New member
Anyone have any links to footage online of an HV20 performing in low-light with an adapter.

We have a campfire scene in mind and night time is ideal for the situation of course but I am worried about the light with a 50mm-Letus35 Extreme on the HV20.

Any examples of any medium to low light of this is great! Or without an adapter to even compare to the loss of light.

Thanks!
 
I have no photos to release at this time, but I am currently lensing a feature using an HV20 and a M2, mostly using a Nikon 50mm 1.4. Inside, it takes a minimum of 2 1k lights, and that is for CU's. Wide shots require even more light. If you were planning on shooting with available light (1/48 exposure, 24p, no gain) then you can forget it, although with clever lighting I'm sure it could be done. I read that someone tested the HV20 sans the adaptor and at f 2.8, cinemode, 24p, 1/48 exposure, the HV20 had an ASA of 80. Add the adapter and lens, you will be well under ASA 40. Tons of light is needed.
 
I have a Brevis35 and used it to shoot at night, what a nightmare. I think you're better off with the native lens, for a couple reasons,
1. Better low light.
2. If you are shooting in an open area like a forest or in a field, set your camera back aways and zoom in, presto you have shallow depth of field without a lens adapter.
3. Unless you are planning on lighting your background, nothing is going to be visible anyways after you expose for your actors.

Good luck.
 
Back
Top