Weight wise it could come in ok. The problem is the weight is all on the front end of the camera. Im thinking theres little way to balance it, but where theres a will theres a way I suppose. Impossible to focus. If you can get away with a dolly shot instead youd be far better off. A good jib might even give you more flexibilty in a small area.
That's what I thought. Anyway, a merlin and a HV20 by it self must be a treat to the naked eye...not to mention extremely smooth maneuvering. You bought the HV20, didn't you, Ncje? When will we see some sweet HV20+merlin footage?
I asked Phil Bloom about this - he tested the Sony A1 / Brevis / Merlin and said it was definately a no go. I didn't ask why though. Sony A1 - 670g, HV20 - 535g. I'm also keen to hear whether anyone has successfully married these.