HPX171 - Steadicam Merlin

ROne

Well-known member
Nothing earth shattering, but being a mountain bike rider I wanted to shoot some of me riding the local trail centre.

We used it as a work experience exercise for some youngsters, rather than a commercial job.

We have a little bit of play in our merlin gimbal which is being looked into by tiffen - but other than that it worked out okay.

http://vimeo.com/4723909
 
Great vid!! I like the clarity and colors, the whole thing was great. :thumbup: But maybe step it up to a Trail SX II next time!:huh:
 
Great footage and movement!

How was handling the weight of the 171 on the Merlin? I didn't see a formula for the 171 in the Merlin cookbook. Did you come up with one on your own?
 
Yeah we've got a formula, it's a combination of DVX & HVX figures.

I will post it up shortly, though it's not perfect.

We have an arm so the weight isn't a problem - the 171 is better than the hvx for weight without the arm, but will still be tiring for prolongued useage.
 
cheers mj.

merlin has had to go back due to play in gimbal, you can just see it in one shot.
 
Yeah we've got a formula, it's a combination of DVX & HVX figures.

I will post it up shortly, though it's not perfect.

We have an arm so the weight isn't a problem - the 171 is better than the hvx for weight without the arm, but will still be tiring for prolongued useage.
So what's the formula for the HPX? Thx!

Can you put extras like a microphone/blimp on the camera with the merlin?
 
Sorry, it's in for repair at the moment, we have a gimbal with some play in it!

Will report back when it returns.
 
Back
Top