HPX+LEX+Zeiss + NOISE! 2min footage!

I've seen this kind of noise a million times. Most of the noise seen in the clip is the ground glass from the LEX. What f-stop was the Zeiss at? what shutter speed was the 170 at?
 
I spent a day last March testing the shutter speed limits with my LEX from f1.4-f5.6. I lit a focus chart evenly for every combination of shutter speeds and f-stops, and then assessed the clips on FCP6.

I used:
HVX200 @ 720 24PN
Letus Extreme (new Nikon mount)
Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm 1.4

Results:
f5.6 acceptable at 180
f4 acceptable at 1/60
f2.8 acceptable at 1/60
f2 acceptable at 1/120
f1.4 acceptable at 1/250

These are the limits of the LEX. Never shoot a faster shutter speed than 1/250, and never shoot past a f5.6 on the external lens. you can always do what ever you want with the f-stops on the cameras built in lens.
 
original clip = wide open @ 180 degrees shutter.

Weird, this grain looks exactly like LEX groung glass, but if your settings are what you say they are that's not it. All I can say I've shot similer stuff with the same settings on my 170 and it's not even close to that noisy. I'd send the camera back.
 
Back
Top