how?

Jannard said:
We are considering (don't count this as an announcement) a full set of T1.9 primes. We just need to make sure there is enough of a market for them.

Jim

Well, count me in for sets 1-5. :)
 
In my humble opinion, some people are worried. This democratization hurts so many interests... Some people are nervous. They will lose their own native market with the competition of affordable equipment with similar results in the hands of a few of kids. Still, a large group of new upcoming digital movie makers.

INDUSTRY REPs
(on their thoughts)
It's frightening!​
 
Gordon Prince said:
In my humble opinion, some people are worried. This democratization hurts so many interests... Some people are nervous. They will lose their own native market with the competition of similar affordable equipment in the hands of a few of kids. Still, a large group of new upcoming digital movie makers.

INDUSTRY REPs
(on their thoughts)
It's frightening!​

It will always come down to talent. We are just trying to open up the doors for more talent to appear.

Jim
 
Jim thank very much and YES count me in please, this would be GREAT!!! Can I have #6.

Nice website Eric...
 
Jannard said:
It will always come down to talent. We are just trying to open up the doors for more talent to appear.

Jim

Amen! That's why I don't quite understand some of the vitriol over at cinematography.com. Those guys have nothing to worry about unless they fear an excess of opportunity to new talent.

Long live the indie and guerrilla film movement!
 
WarrenS--Amen! That's why I don't quite understand some of the vitriol over at cinematography.com. Those guys have nothing to worry about unless they fear an excess of opportunity to new talent.

Long live the indie and guerrilla film movement!

Very well said Warren. It's not like most of here started shooting yesterday, I have been shooting professionally since 1997 in most formats ( film/video)... I was laughed at for buying an XL1 in 1998... They don't laugh anymore.
 
Jannard said:
It will always come down to talent. We are just trying to open up the doors for more talent to appear.

Jim

Following what has been taught at my film school, this is an exceptional occasion. The old times are changing.

"Old England is dying" ~ Mike Scott (Waterboys)
 
Jannard said:
We are considering (don't count this as an announcement) a full set of T1.9 primes. We just need to make sure there is enough of a market for them.

Jim

Definitely interested.

Martin
 
it does hurt us, think of how many talented bands that have GREAT songs. They don't make $0.50 a day, most anyway! that said. Most people I know don't have awesome talent or dedication video/band/life etc I think it really comes down to DEDICATION to your CRAFT, and the ability to see what is "good" and bad, then you can make choices and improve your work. it's a hard road to hoe, film making is about a TEAM not one guy and his drum set.

I don't know what will happen, I am just glad I can get a 12megapixel video camera!!!!
 
Still, I'll bet they're (bands) glad for the chance, which they wouldn't have had at all if lower cost technology hadn't put it within their reach.

You're right--talent AND dedication AND persistence helped by opportunity.
 
Jannard said:
We are considering (don't count this as an announcement) a full set of T1.9 primes. We just need to make sure there is enough of a market for them.

Jim
How many sets do you think you would need to sell to make it financially worthwhile?
 
Jannard said:
We are considering (don't count this as an announcement) a full set of T1.9 primes. We just need to make sure there is enough of a market for them.

Jim
<------------------ market.
but rather one set over here, the zeiss T1.2 and T1.5 will cover camera 2.

btw jim, employees of lense manufacturers told me some "rumours" about red @ ibc... basicly they are puzzled if you can build the lenses or have to outsource to one of the 5 usual suspects... the camera market, they all agree on that, can be shaken up, regarding lenses they are rather sceptical due to the cost for a factory & employees.
 
Brook Willard said:
How many sets do you think you would need to sell to make it financially worthwhile?

A set of decent prime lenses, hopefully with a least 2 focal lengths wider than the bottom end of the zoom (18mm) is an attractive option. As a potential buyer I would need to know if they would be sold piecemeal or only in sets and at what price point. Tally me as a probable yes.

Blair S. Paulsen
RedOne #19
 
From a supplier point of view, we would try to make a full set much more attractive than individual lenses. I'm thinking out loud. We haven't committed yet to the program.

Jim
 
Back
Top