Party_Pooper
Active member
Re: Hobos Trailer
I really didn't do too much in camera. Just the standard 24P settings. I just got the camera like a day before we started shooting, so I didn't really have too much time to play with stuff. Actually, I recall accidentally shooting some days on 24P advanced...
I edited in Avid DV (which has no 24p editing). So after I cut the trailer in Avid, I exported each shot individually and brought it into after effects and removed the pulldown for each shot, and rebuilt the trailer. This is so I could have a 24p trailer for web.
For Film FX I started with the Afga XT100 preset for color only (I didn't use the "film stock" effect) and played with the settings for each shot. Some shots have no color correction.
For the glow effect, again the settings were different for each shot, I just adjusted it so it created a slight glowy blur. This also brighted things up and made things look more saturated and "cartoony" looking.
These settings looked nice on a computer monitor, but I found that I had to desaturate and adjust some of the colors for it to look nice on a TV.
I exported a 24P file from after effects (probably best to use the animation codec at 100%). Then I brought into cleaner 5. I used the sorenson 3 compressor (i don't have the pro version with the 2pass VBR) at Millions of colors+, Spatial Quality 100, Frame Rate: same as source, no keyframes, video data rate limit to 1500 Kbits/sec. I scaled the image size slightly from 720 to 640 and kept the raw pixels (didn't correct it to look like 4:3 on a computer monitor- you probably notice that everything looks a little "fatter", I just thought it looked a little nicer this way.)
And I haven't tried Magic Bullet yet, though I heard it was really nice, though much more pricey than Film FX.
I really didn't do too much in camera. Just the standard 24P settings. I just got the camera like a day before we started shooting, so I didn't really have too much time to play with stuff. Actually, I recall accidentally shooting some days on 24P advanced...
I edited in Avid DV (which has no 24p editing). So after I cut the trailer in Avid, I exported each shot individually and brought it into after effects and removed the pulldown for each shot, and rebuilt the trailer. This is so I could have a 24p trailer for web.
For Film FX I started with the Afga XT100 preset for color only (I didn't use the "film stock" effect) and played with the settings for each shot. Some shots have no color correction.
For the glow effect, again the settings were different for each shot, I just adjusted it so it created a slight glowy blur. This also brighted things up and made things look more saturated and "cartoony" looking.
These settings looked nice on a computer monitor, but I found that I had to desaturate and adjust some of the colors for it to look nice on a TV.
I exported a 24P file from after effects (probably best to use the animation codec at 100%). Then I brought into cleaner 5. I used the sorenson 3 compressor (i don't have the pro version with the 2pass VBR) at Millions of colors+, Spatial Quality 100, Frame Rate: same as source, no keyframes, video data rate limit to 1500 Kbits/sec. I scaled the image size slightly from 720 to 640 and kept the raw pixels (didn't correct it to look like 4:3 on a computer monitor- you probably notice that everything looks a little "fatter", I just thought it looked a little nicer this way.)
And I haven't tried Magic Bullet yet, though I heard it was really nice, though much more pricey than Film FX.