Hobos Trailer

Re: Hobos Trailer

Hey thanks, the whole thing is about 13 minutes but still needs to be color corrected and I have someone working on the music, but is really busy at the moment.
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

This doesn't look too bad.

Makes me remember why I like making small, student films. The simplicity. The purity.

I see few film trailers on forums like this that I actually want to see. I actually want to see yours.

Keep up the good work.

-nathan brown
www.rousepro.com
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

thanks much :)

I'm seriously making a hobos poster with the quote: "this doesn't look too bad" - The Guy that won the KFC commercial contest. :D

shai your footage is amazing.
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

Looks great! what did you do to the footage? looks like your blurred a layer over the original and applied a transfer mode on the blurred layer?  I think it's got the perfect amount of blur/glow to give it a film look, instead of that distinct DVX100-digital-24P-look that too many DVX projects I've seen have.
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

Canyou believe I just got around to checking this out? I loved the LOOK of this. The coloring, contrast, exposure. It looked really nice.
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

Wow... you gotta get rid of that hookey page graphic because the clip is so good.. talent was great and the titles fit perfect. It looks like you really played with the cinegamma and settings because you hit exposure and gamma very well. Made me laugh too.. keep it up.
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

I checked out the other films on your site.. the flower daisy was great, did you compose the music to the film?
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

Cool, any work online darkavenger?  do you go to school at the UW?

Jarred, thanks for checking out Pretty Daisies!  I shot that thing 3 years ago on a beat up digital 8 from high school.   :)  

The first song is Charlie Chaplin and the second song is Beethoven.
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

The trailer looks terrific & I can't wait to see the final piece.

Would you mind going a little more in-depth on your usage of FilmFX and AE glow?
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

Hey Party,

You have to help me out here - please.

How did you get a nice big screen with such nice resolution ?
I just can't seem to master the art of internet encoding no matter how much I read up on how ?
Your trailer looks great - what were the settings & software used to encode it beautifully for all to see ?
This is excellent work by the way - I too second the very very cool glow finish it has - kinda breaks away from the typical dvx24p look most use (as someone else stated here).
Have you tried magic bullet ? - its also another cool film faker 8)
Any info you could share on the encoding you used to get this trailer ie: compressor /QT/sorenson etc etc would be very much appreciated ;)
 
Re: Hobos Trailer

"Carrington Benz" may be the coolest name I've heard this century. You Brits and your ways with words . . . :)
 
Back
Top