Here are Frames from testing today!

PappasArts

Veteran
Here are some basic/boring frames from testing today. This is color tests for my client to obtain a unique look! These are straight from the HDV tape to SD card and no post work either. All natural lighting too. The HD footage actually is sharper than this because the jpeg capture to SD card from HDV tape is not as clean as importing a clip via firewire.

http://homepage.mac.com/pappasarts/.Pictures/IMG_0591.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/pappasarts/.Pictures/IMG_0587.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/pappasarts/.Pictures/IMG_0596.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/pappasarts/.Pictures/IMG_0589.JPG


This is an up-convert to 3840x2160. This would be done normally for effects work. Holds up very well too! Image is large!

http://homepage.mac.com/pappasarts/.Pictures/3840x2160.jpg


Here is a blow-up of the same above. However this is an example of the blow-up and original
in the same photo.

http://homepage.mac.com/pappasarts/.Pictures/XLH1 BLOW UP.jpg



Michael Pappas
Arrfilms@hotmail.com
http://www.Myspace.com/PappasArts
PappasArts & Arrfilms Main site
CONTACT VIA AOL INSTANT MESSENGER
AT { PAPPASARTS2 }
XLH1 and HVX200 frame grabs and news here:
http://www.pbase.com/Arrfilms
http://www.PappasArts.com
 
Last edited:
Dang man, I must say I am impressed with the quality of those grabs! Even th upconvert stays clean. amazing.
 
That is abolsutely stunning. The up-rez is stunning. I mean imagine up-rezzing them to tifs and printing to 35mm - it will hold up well. Also, the HDV seems artifact free. I want this camera bad!
 
The ever-watchful "great eye" has now been uprezzed. This scene was cut from LOTR cuz it was too scary.

Look at how scared Gollum looks.

....myyy prrrrreeccciiousss.
 
Images look great. I have got to ask ( a bit off topic) what you are doing with what cameras now? Are you keeping the H1 or HD100? Both? Neither? I am very interested in your take on these and I haven't seen any updates on your site.
Please enlighten us??? or at least me!

Thanks!
 
Amazing, great job PappasArts. How did you light the second frame? It looks so good with the shadows on the guys face. That looks so amazing!
 
Back
Top