Help Capturing HDV!!!

assneck

New member
OK, I'm an idiot, clearly this is user error - but I can't get HDV into my computer. After months of failing I may have discovered why, when I plug the firwire cable in to the computer, I camera switched to DV. The HDV option (which I have selected on the menu) switches to "playback STD".

If I plug the firewire cable into the camera 1st, everything is fine, but then as sson as I plug the other end into the computer, it switches to STD?

Help!!!!

thanks, Assneck
 
If the camera switches to DV then the footage captured on tape is DV. I think you should test it by taking the tape and put it into another DV camera. If that camera reads it, then it's DV and not HDV.
 
nope

nope

Thanks, but nope, it's HDV foorage for sure (pressed disp while playing), plus it even happens with no tape in the camera.
 
Are you using windows? If you are, go to device manager and make sure it is listed under sound,video and game controllers as AV/C tape device
 
im not sure where the option is, but when you go to playback mode you can adjust how the signal is output under the play/output menu 2 option. the options are hdv/dv or dv lock. perhaps u might have it on dv lock which outputs the footage to dv regardless of the format. just a thought.

-daniel
 
Back
Top