GH2 Workflow Video from Call Box released

NoahK

Hottie Mod
Panasonic_GH2_Guidebook_medium.jpg

Hey Folks-

Just a quick note to let you know we just released a workflow video for the GH2. This one focuses on shooting video with a look at the Final Cut Pro post-production workflow. Take a peek-

http://www.callboxlive.com/products/panasonic-gh2-guidebook

This course will get Panasonic GH2 owners quickly up to speed with their cameras! Digital production industry expert Noah Kadner takes you step by step through the the critical functions and operation of this popular DSLR hybrid video camera.

Noah then goes to his edit suite to work with the AVCHD footage in post-production — with a focus on Final Cut Pro. The GH2 Guidebook offers over forty-five minutes of concentrated tips and instruction.

Armed with this training course, Panasonic GH2 users will have the tools they need to get the most out of their cameras in production and post-production.

Thanks,
Noah

Awsome Noah! When does the discounted promo end? Also, what is the length of the video?

Thanks! Looking forward to this!

It's 45 minutes and discount will probably last until the end of the month but don't hold my feet to the fire on that one. :)

-Noah

New User!

New User!

Noah, your guidebook looks great, especially for a prospective buyer like me who wants to get started in video with DSLRs (and mirrorless equivalents). I'm considering buying the GH2 vs. the new Nikon D5100 (upgrading from a D40), but I'd be curious to hear from an experienced GH2 evangelist such as yourself why you think the GH2 is the best. Do you have a video like that you can share? Like why you chose the GH2 or chose to write about it. It would target really well people like me who don't own a GH2 but are considering it and would love a proper and thorough introduction like the one your providing.

Sorry, that was a bit long winded.

Thanks.

I think you can scan these boards and get a pretty good idea why folks are excited about the GH2. Is it the last camera you'll ever buy- not likely but it's a great one at this stage in the market's development. I personally dig it for a variety of reasons, including-

• Excellent video quality and control over depth of field
  • Very versatile lens mount- with adapters you can use just about any lens type out there= Nikon, Canon, MFT, FT, etc.
  • Very small and compact- great for travel.
  • Manual control
  • Great screen and view finder
  • Relatively Inexpensive

I could go on but I'd say honestly it's all about bang for the buck. If you want a cinematic look this is about the smallest, least expensive way to do it.

As an aside- during the video I also point out specific aspects of the GH2 that set it apart from other cameras in its class. That's the sort of content you might be interested in if you want to learn more before pulling the trigger on the actual camera itself. In other words, having the camera itself is not an absolute prerequisite to getting something useful from the course.

-Noah

Definitely a brief tour of the GH2. Having the GH2 and following these forums for a couple months now I found the information a little basic for my needs. If youre brand new the GH2 or DSLR video in general I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
I'm a relatively new user, at least to video, and while some stuff was good for new users, it also could be more specific about such things as camera navigation, more optimal settings, and camera mounts. Still, a nice overview, as mentioned.

Definitely a brief tour of the GH2. Having the GH2 and following these forums for a couple months now I found the information a little basic for my needs. If youre brand new the GH2 or DSLR video in general I highly recommend it.

I've just purchased and watched my copy of the Panasonic GH2 Guidebook. It contains a lot of useful information. I believe, however, for the price point, the guide should contain a little more in-depth information. Perhaps, Noah could release supplemental videos delving deeper into other aspects of the camera for free for those who've already purchased the guide. Good topics to cover would be: affordable quality shoulder rig configurations, good follow focus units for the GH2 and m43 lenses, and a step by step guide to the AviSynth workflow.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback- I've been swamped with requests to expand the GH2 video and I'm working on it as quickly as possible. In response, I have a new module coming out tonight that goes over camera controls in-depth. Folks who already purchased the course will get a free update link and it will then be included with the video from now on. And more to come on top of that.

-Noah

Purchased it this past weekend. Thanks for the bonus footage today. Going through menu settings would be great! maybe going a little more in depth in regards to GH2 audio options with sound demo. Also film mode settings with demo footage of differences. Thanks Noah!

Yes, I agree with Bo!

Yes, I agree with Bo!

Purchased it this past weekend. Thanks for the bonus footage today. Going through menu settings would be great! maybe going a little more in depth in regards to GH2 audio options with sound demo. Also film mode settings with demo footage of differences. Thanks Noah!

Yes, I agree with Bo! Thanks Noah for the updates. Any others more then welcome :)

Hi Noah, Watched the previews for the GH2 on your website. I'll probably get the video if i can ever find a GH2. I was wondering what camera you shot your instructional video with, it looks great.

Hi Noah, Watched the previews for the GH2 on your website. I'll probably get the video if i can ever find a GH2. I was wondering what camera you shot your instructional video with, it looks great.

It was shot in no particular order using a Panasonic GH2, AF100, Sony EX1, Canon 60D and an iPhone 4. I like to mix it up!!!. :)

Noah

Hey Noah,
Is this just a download video? I purchased a couple of weeks ago - got the link to download - and the newest one also - but never recieved a hard copy dvd in mail.
Curioius :)
K

Yup it's download only- that's pretty clear on the site. DVDs get lost, etc. We switched to downloadables-only a couple of years ago.

Noah

oh - kewl - no problem - no biggie at all - it was great being able to download it right away. :) good work btw!

Ok, just ordered it, Noah. It's hard to find any GH2 tutorials on the internet that are of a professional nature. I'll be watching it tonight on the treadmill. I too would be interested in future expansion packs on the GH2, perhaps one on how to install, update, and use the upcoming Vialiy Kiselev GH2 hack.

Ragnar

Back