GH1 kits out there?

kippard

Active member
Any NIB GH1 kits out there to purchase? Appreciate your referral of good dealers and deals (if any). Thanks,
 
Here is a body for $399 from Adorama, if you're looking at doing mostly video work (which I'd assume), go nab a Fotodiox converter, and some FD Canon Lenses (I nabbed a 50 1.8, a 24mm, a 35-70, and a 100-300mm on craigslist for $120).
 
Here is a body for $399 from Adorama, if you're looking at doing mostly video work (which I'd assume), go nab a Fotodiox converter, and some FD Canon Lenses (I nabbed a 50 1.8, a 24mm, a 35-70, and a 100-300mm on craigslist for $120).

Thanks. I suppose I should pursue about a solution like this. Are the GH2s readily available yet? I have not heard from Onecall about their 'soon to come' nicely priced GH2 kit. DevonH, is there a pro-sumer tripod you like? I was thinking of something that could do some articulate setup for stills and also provide a decent pan for video...and be compact...and not insanely priced (although I am willing to pay a little for something nice). Thank you!
 
I haven't looked into GH2 availability personally, but from all the chatter I've seen some people are still having trouble finding them, and it varies by retailer. I received my GH1 in 3 days from B&H (ordered a few hours before they discontinued them), and am highly impressed with the camera, granted the GH2 does have it's advantages (i.e. HDMI out).

I went with this tripod from B&H, and while it'll do for now, I'd suggest something a bit heavier. The latest post on http://dslrvideoshooter.com/ has a demo of a tripod from B&H that's on sale right now, and it even includes a dolly. I'd give it a look (I know I'd buy it if I could).

You won't be disappointed with using "vintage" primes on the GH1, and it's a great budget option.
 
I haven't looked into GH2 availability personally, but from all the chatter I've seen some people are still having trouble finding them, and it varies by retailer. I received my GH1 in 3 days from B&H (ordered a few hours before they discontinued them), and am highly impressed with the camera, granted the GH2 does have it's advantages (i.e. HDMI out).

I went with this tripod from B&H, and while it'll do for now, I'd suggest something a bit heavier. The latest post on http://dslrvideoshooter.com/ has a demo of a tripod from B&H that's on sale right now, and it even includes a dolly. I'd give it a look (I know I'd buy it if I could).

You won't be disappointed with using "vintage" primes on the GH1, and it's a great budget option.

You rock, Dev. dslrvideoshooter.com looks like a cool site. I had a Matthews M25 which I wish I had not sold because it looked good and shot well. (Discontinued.) It was not the stills support I want but was worth every penny. The giggle-factor is somewhat present on the Pearstone (I know, it's a superficial concern). I'm a one-man-band writer, director and I shoot everything too. I honestly don't like spending too much time with lens customizations and tweaks. I'm a big baby that wants to take my rig out, frame nice shots and shoot - and I'm sure my stuff suffers and would be better with vintage primes. I'll consider getting a few good ones, but, honestly, the kit lens on the GH1 was alright by me - ready to go HD 24p and artistic short DOF.

Thusly, I opine. Thanks for the feedback. Any more advice, anyone? Thanks again!
 
Back
Top