africanmarty
Well-known member
Hello all hope I get some feedback with this one,
Ok, barrys trick worked great for me ( without my 35mm adaptor ) no gain, just add more light and wala crystal clear footage without gain wich was great !
...until I wanted to get rid of gain when using my Letus 35 mm adaptor now when I put my adaptor on this is what I do :
Now how do I do this without ANY possible gain ! As I have to zoom to focus on the gg and from what I read you must be zoomed out !! How are you fellow 35mm adaptor owners doing this trick with your adaptors to get no gain ?? I had a theory that I think works but would be happy to be proven wrong...
now would this be at f1.8 i cant tell since i had to zoom in to use my 35 mm adaptor ?? locking the exposure and aperture after pointing it to a light and keep at 0 will that lead to no gain but maybe less than f1.8 ???
hope you guys can help thanks alot
PS: is no gain the best for image quality if it can be appropratly lit ???
- Regards Marty.
Ok, barrys trick worked great for me ( without my 35mm adaptor ) no gain, just add more light and wala crystal clear footage without gain wich was great !
...until I wanted to get rid of gain when using my Letus 35 mm adaptor now when I put my adaptor on this is what I do :
- Screw on letus adaptor
- Zoom on to gg and focus sharply on gg
- Place Nikon lens and focus the Nikon lens
- Roll camera !!!
Now how do I do this without ANY possible gain ! As I have to zoom to focus on the gg and from what I read you must be zoomed out !! How are you fellow 35mm adaptor owners doing this trick with your adaptors to get no gain ?? I had a theory that I think works but would be happy to be proven wrong...
- Setup 35 adaptor as explained earlier
- Lock the exposure and aperture after pointing it to a light and keep at 0 (in other words once locked the level is left untouched at 0)
- Add ALOT of light until the image produced by the camera is acceptable
- Roll camera and try not to sweat too much from the heat
now would this be at f1.8 i cant tell since i had to zoom in to use my 35 mm adaptor ?? locking the exposure and aperture after pointing it to a light and keep at 0 will that lead to no gain but maybe less than f1.8 ???
hope you guys can help thanks alot
PS: is no gain the best for image quality if it can be appropratly lit ???
- Regards Marty.