FS7: FX9 jingling noise

After watching it 10x, I still think it's something that's rattling on your table because it's such an unorthodox sound to be coming from inside of the camera, even if something is broken.

Maybe a loose heat sink but have no idea.

After watching it 10x, I still think it's something that's rattling on your table because it's such an unorthodox sound to be coming from inside of the camera, even if something is broken.

Maybe a loose heat sink but have no idea.

It's not coming for the table. it's definitely from the camera

Is that a table? Looks like floorboards? If so that's a fairly hard unyielding surface. Could be just vibration resonance from the heatsink louvers in the camera as the vibration of the thumps are conveyed into the camera body. Can you get it to make that sound when it has been turned on and got fully up to temperature? Maybe it might not do it then as the heatsink will be warm and have expanded and be less likely to resonate. From exploded images I've seen of the FX9 it looks to have a similar two copper pipe to heatsink fins of the FS7. When you run your fingers over the fins in an FS7, been in there a couple of times, they make a 'tinny' sound when they vibrate under your fingers.

Chris Young

Is that a table? Looks like floorboards? If so that's a fairly hard unyielding surface. Could be just vibration resonance from the heatsink louvers in the camera as the vibration of the thumps are conveyed into the camera body. Can you get it to make that sound when it has been turned on and got fully up to temperature? Maybe it might not do it then as the heatsink will be warm and have expanded and be less likely to resonate. From exploded images I've seen of the FX9 it looks to have a similar two copper pipe to heatsink fins of the FS7. When you run your fingers over the fins in an FS7, been in there a couple of times, they make a 'tinny' sound when they vibrate under your fingers.

Chris Young

Hi Chris,

you're correct that's the floorboard. Yes, it still makes the noise when it is powered on

Back